With a handy tool and the new 3D printing technology, Suuz.com in Delft, the Nederlands wants to allow anyone to design and wear personalized jewelry and accessories.
The team behind Suuz consists of two product designers, two interaction designers and 2 programmers. They have developed a web application to make customizing jewelry super easy for everyone.
"SUUZ designed a collection of products that are made along the story that you would like to tell." says the team.
How easy is it to design your own jewelry? On Suuz's website, you first select the jewel you would like to design, either a ring, a bead for your pandora or trollbeads or a Fontsweep Ring in 3 materials. Then you can pick the style of your design, your favourite color, material (nylon, silver and goldplated) and font, as well as text (max. 12 characters) you want to add. The 3D Model is generated automatically so you see instantly how your jewelry will look. You can save your designs with your facebook account or add to shopping cart. Your design is then 3D printed and moulded by a silversmith. The price varies depending on the material and style you choose, for example a ring printed in Nylon costs EUR 19.
Soon the team will come up with an extension of the line including bracelets and earrings. With 3D printing it is now possible to create very personal gifts, which were previously impossible to produce or were too expensive in small quantities.
"We exist for more than 99% out of the same DNA and still every person and relation is unique. Suuz thinks that the products you buy and wear should match that uniqueness; the last 1%, that makes you into "YOU", writes the team.
Posted in 3D Printing Services
Maybe you also like:
- Sharing your designs with anyone using Teleport It 3D
- French office supplies retailer launches 3D printing service to public
- Library raising funds for life-size Hulk statue and 3D printer
- 3DLT partners with makexyz for 3D printing services
- Staples opens first 3D Experience Centre in Netherlands
- Additer: a new marketplace for digital manufacturing services
- Shapeways Raises $30M C Round, Led By Andreessen Horowitz
- Rapid Manufactory: First 3D printing shop in Middle East
- Chicago's first 3D printing store to open next Monday
- 3D Hubs is building a large production network of 3D printers
- 3D Systems Launches 3DMe figurines on Cubify
- Miproto turns your idea into a 3D printed model
- Sony launched 3D photo booth at ACE 2013