It's time to do some tasty work with your 3D printer. MakerBot has just released a custom software tool called the Cookie Cutter Customizer that allows you to customize and build your own cookie cutter.
You don't need to have all that much artistic skill to draw cookie cutters. Basically, all you have to do is draw a basic shape and / or add another shape, and click "Create Thing," the program will build the .stl file of the cookie cutter.
Then you just print your cookie cutter at 0.2mm layer height and with two shells and start baking!
"We love empowering our Thingiverse community to customize and build their own 3D objects. Today we're debuting a new way to do just that – the Thingiverse Cookie Cutter Customizer! It allows you to draw freeform cookie cutters as a new extension of Thingiverse Customizer, the app that lets you create unique designs from a set of parameters and inputs, and then print them in 3D." explained Makerbot.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Printed mini yellow ducks debut in Hong Kong
- 3D printed toolbox launched to ISS on ESA's cargo spacecraft
- Startup Trindo develops 3D printed phone case with smart clipping system
- Traditional craft meets 3D printing: Bits Shoe and XYZ Shoe by earl stewart
- GE uses big data to monitor laser-printed jet engine parts
- 3D printing used to fight crime
- Transforming data into 3D objects using ANA and 3D printing
- Popular Japanese human cloning using 3D printing technology (video)
- Lighting up graduation with a 3D printed web-connected LED cap
- 3D Printed '28 Geared Cube' runs autonomously now
- Free your hands with Burger King's 3D printed Whopper holder
- Documentary: I 3D Printed a Gun
- Mechwarrior fan created his own 3D printed posable Atlas
- 3D printed Halo Combat Evolved Pistol
- 3D printed Keanu Reeves miniature looks sad everywhere