French company Digiteyezer teamed up with DYE PaintBall, PCB Game and Sculpteo at Siggraph 2013 to elaborate an ultimate experience for paintball gamers by providing them with the immersion of themselves in a 3D paintball video game, and purchasing a personalized figurine printed in 3D.
Digiteyezer has put in place two automatic processes based on the EASYtwin 3D photo-kiosk which scans instantaneously the real face of a person and creates a lifelike avatar within fifteen seconds.
In collabration with PCB and DYE Paintball, the world wide leader in paintball guns, apparels and accessories, this 3D lifelike twin of the player can be intergrated in a video game thus immerging the gamer into the game as a realistic character. The game player becomes part of the scenario and can play at home with his friends to numerous and different gaming sessions.
In addition gamers could also get a personalized figurines in 3D in a paintball character. Digiteyezer's fully automatic "scan-to-print" solution creates a 3D directly printable figurine with the real face in less than one minute. The 3D file is then automatically sent on the Sculpteo cloud printing service.
WHERE: Siggraph 2013, booth # 148
WHEN: July 21-25, 2013
Posted in 3D Printing Services
Maybe you also like:
- SupplyBetter releases profiles of 100+ US 3D printing suppliers
- Chicago library shows off 3D printers, offering free access to anyone with a library card
- eBay releases Exact iOS app, lets you buy customized 3D-printed products
- Large Japanese sites launch 3D printing service, with free domestic shipping
- Admatec aims to become market leader for 3D printing ceramics
- Japanese Company to launch 3D printing marketplace "rinkak"
- Layer By Layer launches marketplace for 3D prints, not files
- Chicago Public Library to open free Maker Space
- Tesco may add 3D printing as an in-store service
- Future of fashion? Make your own Jimmy Choo style shoes on a 3D printer
- An interview with Shapeways in the Netherlands
- 3D Hubs Antwerp is open, buildling largest 3D printing network in Belgium
- Design your own 3D-printed ring with Shapeways' new app
- Design your own 3D printable jewelry on Suuz
- Petfig transforms photo of your pet into 3D sculptures
- Sharing your designs with anyone using Teleport It 3D
- French office supplies retailer launches 3D printing service to public
- Library raising funds for life-size Hulk statue and 3D printer
- 3DLT partners with makexyz for 3D printing services