Turkey's first 3D printer store, 3Dörtgen, is set to open on September 3. The store was founded by Furkan Bakir, who's family firm runs construction and automobile businesses in the area.
Located in Istanbul's Camlica district, the store will carry desktop 3D printers, including the full line of Solidoodles, Up Plus 2 and 3D Systems' Cube. In addition, 3Dörtgen will also offer 3D scanning; in-store design tools and augmented-reality 3D glasses for visitors to use; professional 3D printing services; and a cafe at its 200 square-meter location.
"After doing business in the automobile and construction industry for more than 35 years, our family decided we wanted to invest in something innovative, creative, and revolutionary. That's 3D printing!" says Bakir.
Fab Lab Istanbul, the first fab lab in Turkey, will also be opened adjacent to the retail location. 3Dörtgen plans to cooperate with the organization to develop workshops, children's activities, seminars and events for the local community.
"We will be donating a Solidoodle to Fab Lab Istanbul, so everyone in the community has access to 3D printing," says Bakir. " I strongly believe in the potential of 3D printing and digital manufacturing. We want 3Dörtgen to be a place in Istanbul where people gather, learn and create together."
"I am excited to see that the 3D printing and the larger maker movement is a worldwide phenomena," says Solidoodle founder Sam Cervantes. "The addition of 3Dörtgen as a distribution partner is a great opportunity to bring affordable desktop 3D printing to Turkey with a company that has had a strong presence in its own community for decades."
Posted in 3D Printing Services
Maybe you also like:
- UPS Store to offer 3D printing service, beginning in San Diego
- Shapeways introducing bling-bling Gold Plated Brass
- iMakr to Launch First Pop-up-Store At Selfridges, London
- Get your 3D treatment and 3D printed figurine at Siggraph 2013
- SupplyBetter releases profiles of 100+ US 3D printing suppliers
- Chicago library shows off 3D printers, offering free access to anyone with a library card
- eBay releases Exact iOS app, lets you buy customized 3D-printed products
- Large Japanese sites launch 3D printing service, with free domestic shipping
- Admatec aims to become market leader for 3D printing ceramics
- Japanese Company to launch 3D printing marketplace "rinkak"
- Layer By Layer launches marketplace for 3D prints, not files
- Chicago Public Library to open free Maker Space
- Tesco may add 3D printing as an in-store service
Amjad wrote at 2/6/2017 6:06:22 PM:
Dear all I am looking for supplier of octo fiber rolls used into 3D Printing extruders If you help me finding the companies who supply this rolls then plz tell me email@example.com
hamid elini wrote at 4/2/2015 9:43:42 AM:
hi plz write your address.
farnaz wrote at 9/9/2014 7:40:22 PM:
Merhaba, ben farnaz. 3d printer lerle ilgili sizinle nasil iletisime gire bilirim?
saeed wrote at 9/3/2014 10:37:06 AM:
HI my name is saeed im from IRAN.I want to work with you.I want to buy a 3d printer with at least 45*45(X&Y) plate size can you peresent me some model? may we contact by mail? my company mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
adnan surec wrote at 8/4/2013 10:38:47 AM: