iMakr, the UK's first 3D printer store, and the largest 3D printer store in the world, is challenging designers to create either a 3D Printable Chess set or a 3D Printable Pen.
MyMiniFactory is launching a design competition, the winner will receive an UP! Mini worth £840 ($1300), while the runner up will receive a YaYa 3D Printing Pen worth £79 ($120).
MyMiniFactory will be accepting entries from August 29th until September 12th 2013.
On September 13th, all models will be uploaded and placed under the category, Chess and Pen Open competition.
All the designs will be uploaded at the same time and the winner will be the design that receives the most downloads over 2 weeks.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- Authentise to offer one-time print software for copy protection
- Hex, a customizable smartphone-controlled nanocopter fully funded in a few hours
- On Kickstarter: The gMax 3D Printer with an extremely large build volume
- 3D printing stocks jump on 'Buy' rating by Citigroup analysts
- Taiwan: Kinpo to launch 3D printers, sees 3-year sales topping 1 million units
- The world's first 3d printed twin tip skateboard
- Hoptroff No.10: the world's most accurate watch embraces 3D printing
- 3D printed brackets make panoramic shooting simple
- Japanese maker develops 3D printed tail-less ornithopter
- Building a portable NES using 3D printer
- Apple granted patent for 3D gesture control for touchscreens
- Artists completes Echoviren, 'world's first 3D printed architectural structure'