A team of three young entrepreneurs, Max, Dorian and Quentin from Berlin launches their first 3D printing project: customizable, 3D-printed key chain on indiegogo.
Called YouChain, the 3D-printed key chain can be a unique gift for friends, family or business. Backers will be able to choose any 4-10 letter word or phrase written in one of three fonts of their choice: Exo, Poplar Std or Segoe. The designers from YouChain team will then turn those choices into the design file for 3D printer. Backers can choose the material from either plastic, elastoplastic or stainless steel.
"We are a team of three young entrepreneurs with a diverse background. A mixture of French, German and South African, ranging in age from 21 to 31, and with a diverse a set of expertise, from currency trading to business management and economics." said the team.
"After meeting in Berlin, we decided to explore the rapidly expanding area: 3D printing. Keychains were chosen as our first project as they are something small and personal, yet generally not personalized. We were drawn into 3D printing by the fact that it gives you the flexibility to make whatever you want, a virtual paradise for creative minds."
"In the future we wish to explore more customizable 3D printed objects. Since not every one has the abilities or access to the technology, we see an opportunity to bridge the gap for people who desire custom 3D printed objects but do not have the means to create them."
The team is raising funds on Indiegogo to support their dream. Their goal is to raise €1,000 for the first production run and to pay the designers who worked on the models. A customized 3D printed plastic YouChain is priced at €17 here on Indiegogo.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Make a custom 3D printed cookie cutter in a minute
- 3D printed Chicago: See the city as you've never seen it before
- NASA hot-fire tests 3D-printed rocket injector
- 3D printed accordion book of textures and reliefs
- First Italian 3D printed superbike makes 3D debut in NY
- Artist creates 3D printed 'Venus of Google' using Google Images
- Artist to 3D print turn of the century Coney Island… with YOU in it
- Funny or Die: office 3D printer will drive employees crazy
- In a first, this apartment in East Boston may offered with 3D printer
- 3D printable 'Drone It Yourself' kit turns any object into an UAV
- Futurama this week: Bender got a 3D printed guitar
- 3D-REX: A 3D-Printed Tyrannosaurus Rex Sculpture on Kickstarter
- 3D-printed human organs helps doctors prepare for surgeries
jumpjack wrote at 9/2/2013 3:38:01 PM:
On Sculpteo.com you can have your customized 3d printed plastic keychain for free! (only shipping fees)