Radiant Fabrication today announced Lionhead, a consumer-level 3D printer to incorporate printing and 3D scanning into a single device packaged with powerful 3D modeling software 'Radiant Li'.
Radiant Fabrication, based in Fitchburg, WI, was formed in 2011 to make 3D printing accessible to non-technical consumers. The Lionhead 3D printer is designed to be reliable, easy to use, and faster by automating common tasks and printing with multiple printheads simultaneously.
For scanning, users can press the Scan button, place an object on the Lionhead printing platform, and close the doors. In a few minutes, a copy of the object will be ready in Li for any improvements to be made.
According to the company, the included Radiant Li editor uses controls similar to popular video games, like Minecraft, to make creating and modifying models simple and intuitive.
When you're done modeling with Li, click print and it starts printing process. Lionhead features multiple printheads, automatic calibration, and high-power heaters.
The company will launch its Kickstarter campaign in September to introduce its printer/scanner to the consumer markets and raise funds for full production systems. Once the company reaches its Kickstarter goal, Radiant Fabrication will start shipping Lionhead Bunny (beta) systems in October 2013.
"We created the Lionhead and Li to streamline the 3D printing experience, allowing consumers to model, edit, print, and scan from one piece of software and hardware," said Nathan Patterson, Radiant's co-founder and president. "Together, it means that consumers spend less time and money learning complex software packages and maintaining their printer, and more time using and refining their ideas."
Radiant Fabrication will offer their four printhead Lionhead Bunny (beta) printer/scanners for $1,649 (EUR 1,253 / GBP1,060). Stay tuned.
Source: Radiant Fabrication
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- "Made In Korea" Desktop 3D printer 3DISON Plus
- NASA: 3D printed rocket engine component generated a record thrust
- On Kickstarter: The gMax 3D Printer with an extremely large build volume
- SwissPen 3D printing pen is launched to compete with 3Doodler
- FABtotum All-in-One Personal Fabricator on Indiegogo. Scan, 3D Print, Cut/Mill.
- An All-In-One 3D printer for scanning, printing, copying, faxing
- Solidscape announces the MAX 3D wax Printer
- China's 3D bio printer 'Re-human' to create scaffolds for cardiac repair
- Japan starts to develop next-generation 3D metal printer
- Printrbot announces assembled Printrbot Jr. V2 and an anniversary Sale