Startup AIO Robotics launches today its All-In-One 3D copy machine "ZEUS" on Kickstarter.
The All-In-One machine has the functions of scanning, printing, copying and faxing. All linear components are made by CNC-machined aluminum (xyz-carrier, turntable) to ensure super rigid structure without any deforming and heat soaking. A 7 inch Touch-Screen Display and User Interface make the ZEUS more user-friendly.
Zeus is equipped with HD camera and a static laser system that capture an object and transform physical objects into printable 3D models. The swiping laser combined with the 360 degree turntable is able to produce 800+ scans per side. For a 3D model to be printable, a self-developed software automatically fills missing point cloud data and repairs broken mesh.
The onboard computer uses a 1.7Ghz quad-core ARM based processor to quickly process all the 3D scanning/printing data. This computer is supported by an optional cloud service that speeds up the process for 3D scanned data.
For 3D printing the team has developed a software that detects uneven surfaces and then an auto-bed leveling system auto-compensates accordingly.
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns
- Build/Scan Volume: 26cm x 18cm x 15cm
- Material compatibility: PLA (1.75mm)
Simply press the copy button and the ZEUS will automatically do the entire copy process for you.
With 3D Faxing users could send objects through an online secure connection from one ZEUS 3D printer to another.
As to the open source, AIO explains they are providing developers with an open API and will also make all the sensors and motors accessible to experiment with the ZEUS.
The ZEUS is fully assembled. On Kickstarter you can find more info about this All-In-One machine. And if you pledge $1,999 (EUR1,517 / GBP1,218) you are one of the 50 "Lucky Makers" and will get the full AIO package including the printer, one filament. The estimated delivery time is Feb. 2014.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- On Kickstarter: The gMax 3D Printer with an extremely large build volume
- SwissPen 3D printing pen is launched to compete with 3Doodler
- FABtotum All-in-One Personal Fabricator on Indiegogo. Scan, 3D Print, Cut/Mill.
- An All-In-One 3D printer for scanning, printing, copying, faxing
- Solidscape announces the MAX 3D wax Printer
- China's 3D bio printer 'Re-human' to create scaffolds for cardiac repair
- Japan starts to develop next-generation 3D metal printer
- Printrbot announces assembled Printrbot Jr. V2 and an anniversary Sale
- 3D printer upgrade: Microfactory, a Machine Shop In a Box
- Isis3D creates low-cost, high-quality desktop 3D Printer for everyone
- It is cool that Office Depot now selling 3D printers