If you like retro video games and also drinking things, here are something for you: a full set of 8 unique video game coasters comes with themed coaster holders for sets of either 4 or 8! Maker hockenmaier shared his design on Thingiverse so you can also print your own. You can also get a openSCAD package here to make your own design.
Jerry (AKA: Barnacules) thinks this design really cool and wants to 3D print a set of 4 video game coasters including the holder. In the video below he shows everything from getting the file to loading it in CURA and then show time lapses of each object being printed on the printer so you can see exactly how it is created.
I decided that I wanted to use the Ultimaker to create something useful for my Man Cave that I could use daily but is also epic and nerdy at the same time fitting the theme of my Man Cave and Battlestation. I decided that I needed some drink coasters to protect my epic gaming desk (Ikea Dinner Table) from getting messed up from water rings.
I found a really cool set of 8-bit themed coasters on Thingiverse and decided to print a set of 4 including the holder and I think they tuned out amazing.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- i.Materialise shares file for 3D printing a functional Nokia Lumia 820 case
- Make a Nexus 4 dock on a Makerbot Replicator
- Falling cost of 3D printers leads to rise in personalised sex toys
- 3D printed Batman, Superman, Transformer bottle opener rings
- Award-winning project: Low-cost, 3D printable prosthetic hand (video)
- Homemade 3D printed Mario
- Thinking like Archimedes with a 3D printer
- Egyptian Mummy's Elaborate Hairstyle Revealed with CT scanning and 3D printing
- Pez Hacking: customised Pez sweet dispensers with 3D-printed heads
- 3D printed Game of Thrones inspired iPhone/Android Dock
- Open-source 3D printed RoboHand changes one little boy's life
- Olaf Diegel launched a new 3D printed electric guitar Americana