If you are looking for a 3D printer that makes professional quality prints but don't want to commit to the pricy custom solutions from professional 3D printing companies, then you should check out the A4 printer from 3ntr.
The all-metal 3ntr A4 3D printer is made of 2mm stainless steel panels cut by hi-precision NC (0.01 mm) laser systems. It is sturdy, fast and easy to use. It comes with 100% metal extruder machined on NC equipment so you can print with almost all polymer: PVA, PLA, ABS, NYLON, PC, and no plastic parts in the hot/cold end area.
3ntr A4 3D printer can be used with almost all existing software. It features very high precision and fast printing. The print speed is 150mm/s and its vertical resolution is about 0.005mm.
Features and specifications:
- Build envelope: 305x205x210 mm
- Standard nozzle diameter (optional): 0.4 ( 0.6 / 0.8 ) mm
- Speed: 350 mm/sec (Max X-Y axis); 30 mm/sec (Max Z axis)
- Max extruders speed: 45 mm/sec
- Positioning precision: 11 micro (X-Y); 5 micro (Z)
- Max filament diameter: 3.2 mm
- Motors: 1.8°, 1/32 step
- Bearings: Polymer(IGUS), Ball (IKO/NSK)
- Heated bed: Anticorodal 6082
- Printer Size: 528 x 459 x 496 (717) mm
- Weight: 32 kg
- Is CE compliant
- LCD display + jogwheel + on board memory (micro SD card)
The company behind A4 3D printer, Italy based 3ntr was established in late fifties. Current CEO Davide Ardizzoia is a textile engineer, an early user of Rhinoceros (12+ yrs) and Solidworks, with a computer graphics background, peppered with several stages at robotics and machine control companies. Back in in June 3ntr launched a new nylon filament developed specifically for 3D printers.
"Our company was established in late fifties to make parts for corsets. Funny enough we are now using latest technologies (linear motors, lasers, robots, ultrasonic welders, micronized polymers, hot melt systems). Seven years ago we stepped into rapid prototyping. We were amazed both from the possibilities and the huge costs involved." said Ardizzoia. "Five years ago we started selling complete plants with our technology in Middle and Far East. Last year we built our own 400W laser cutting cartesian robot. Building a RepRap was therefore easy for us, and our experience into deploying complex automation systems has given us enough confidence to start this venture. Our company is located in the middle of Italy plastics and aerospace districts, therefore we can count on good technical suppliers."
3ntr A4 printer is priced at €3,295 ($4,455 / £2,771).
Check out below the high quality 3D prints made on the 3ntr A4 printer.
Watch the video below 3d printing an hypercross on a 3ntr A4 printer. Red part is meant to be removed after printing. Sliced with Kisslicer.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- 3Doodler pens now shipping to Kickstarter backers
- TinyBoy - $130 Open source 3D printer designed for students
- GolemD DIY 3D printer with a unique box-frame design
- A fully automated 3D printer designed for schools
- Startup developing Direct to Metal 3D printer for makers
- Airwolf 3D partners with MatterHackers to Offer an all-in-one 3D printing interface
- LumiFold: foldable and portable $400 resin based 3D printer on indiegogo
- Deltaprintr, a new sub-$500 3D printer soon on Kickstarter
- The Phoenix, another low cost 3D printer cracks $400 barrier
- Peachy Printer - The world's first $100 3D Printer
- Ultimaker 2 3D printer announced
Adam wrote at 10/6/2013 9:53:53 AM:
Nice how its is build envelope is enclosed why dose every one not make there printers like this its illogical to do other wise.
Davide Ardizzoia wrote at 10/1/2013 10:34:06 PM:
Come to touch it at MakerFaire Rome !
francesco wrote at 10/1/2013 10:17:17 PM:
Great machine!One of the best that I ever seen! WOW!!