On Oct.4, 2013 ALT Design launches its new Atom 3D printer on ZecZec crowdfunding platform, Taiwan's Kickstarter. The Atom had an original target of NT$600,000 ($20,400), in first four days the Atom raised more than NT$900,000 and reached 150% of its goal. Currently it stands at over NT$1,482,000 ($50,400) with 36 days of the Zeczec campaign left to go.
ALT Design was founded in 2012 by Lawrence Lee (32) and Cai Jia Yin (34) who have architecture and industrial design background. The duo's goal is to make 3D printing accessible to everyone.
Atom is a 3D printer with a Delta Robot design. Delta printers offer advantages over conventional leadscrew-based 3D printers of quicker access to a larger build volume for a comparable investment in hardware. In addition Atom features sturdy design, all alluminum frame, and high print resolution.
- Printing technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF / FDM)
- 18cm + diameter x 33 cm + high build volume (8000 cm3 or more)
- Precision: min 0.05mm / max 0.3mm
- Filament: Ø 1.75mm PLA
- Print speed: 100 mm / s
- Nozzle moving speed (max): 300 mm / s
- Machine Dimensions: 37 x 42 x 76 cm
- Power Supply: AC 100 - 240V, ~ 2 amps, 50-60 Hz
- Power Requirements: 12V DC @ 5 amps
- Ports: USB, SD Card
- Software: Repetier Host
- Weight: 8kg
- NEMA17 1.8° step angle 1/16 micro-stepping
The Atom 3D printer kit is prices at NT$33,000 (for early birds, sold out) and NT$35,000 (US$1,190). People who don't want to build from a kit can order an assembled Atom 3D printer for NT$50,000 (sold out) and NT$55,000 (US$1,865). Watch the video below the Atom 3D printer in action.
Printed with 0.05mm resolution
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Arburg introducing unique plastic freeforming: Freeformer 3D printer
- 3Dsimo: First multi-material 3D drawing pen
- SeeMeCNC starts shipping the Orion Delta 3D printer
- Open source Repemaker 3D printer by Jose Gemez
- Innovative 3D printer prints on complex and bent surfaces
- African inventor makes 3D printer from e-waste (video)
- NASA-funded 3D food printer prints pizza at SXSW Eco (video)
- Japan: OPENCUBE launches SCOOVO C170 3D Printer
- Aleph Objects introducing new Lulzbot TAZ 2 3D printer
- 6-axis 3D Printer (video)
- Lionhead 3D Printer Creator Shares Biggest Fears (video)
- Cube 3D printer available in Dixons' stores PC World and Currys
- High resolution 3ntr A4 3D printer from Italy
- 3Doodler pens now shipping to Kickstarter backers
Dana Angela Williams wrote at 12/23/2013 4:14:56 PM:
An much used 3d devices for film industries ..especially for animation characters....
Adam wrote at 10/17/2013 4:06:44 AM:
this looks worth a buy to me any one know Chinese