Throughout this week 3D Systems is revealing a dozen new products at Euromold 2013. Besides the new ProJet 5500X Multi-Material and ProJet 4500 Full-color Plastic 3D Printers we covered earlier, the company has also announced their new affordable micro-SLA 3D printer and larger SLA printers: ProX 950 and ProX 500.
1. ProJet 1200
3D Systems' ProJet 1200 is a new affordable micro-SLA 3D printer ideal for small, detail-rich parts and casting patterns, such as jewelry, electronic components and dental wax-ups. "Smaller than most coffee makers and faster than baking a cake", says the company. Priced at $4,900, the ProJet 1200 is a compact 3D printer targeting at dental labs and jewelers. "Ready-to-use small parts and castables for under one U.S. dollar." adds the company.
With a 43 x 27 x 180mm (1.69 x 1.06 x 7.08 inches) print volume, the Projet 1200 prints 30 micron layers at a 585 dpi resolution. This printer uses 3DS' new VisiJet FTX Green material – a durable and rigid material that is tailored for plastic prototyping and casting patterns.
- Net Build Volume (xyz): 43 x 27 x 180 mm (1.69 x 1.06 x 7.086 in)
- Native Resolution (xy): 56 micron (effective 585 dpi)
- Layer Thickness: 0.03 mm (0.0012 in)
- Vertical Build Speed: 14 mm/hour (0.55 in/hour)
- Material: VisiJet FTX Green
- Material Packaging: All-in-one cartridge with built-in print window
- Post-processing: Built-in UV Curing Station
- Software: Network connection, Windows-based OS, Built-in STL verification, Automatic and optimise
- File Input STL
- Electrical Requirements 100-220V 50/60 Hz
The company is accepting pre-orders for its new ProJet 1200 micro-SLA 3D printer and plans to begin commercial shipments during the first quarter of 2014.
Watch the introduction video below:
2. New ProX 950 SLA 3D Printer
3D Systems invented SLA printing and commercialize it in 1989. This week it unveils another new SLA 3D printer: ProX 950 which is claimed to be the 'largest-format, highest-speed in its line.'
The ProX 950 is equipped with 3DS' newest PolyRay print head technology that can manufacture real parts at up to 10 times the speed of other 3D printers. 3D Systems also boasts that the ProX 950 uses minimal-waste green process and could educe part cost by as much as 25X compared to competitive alternatives.
3. New ProX 500 SLS 3D Printer
3D Systems' ProXTM 500 SLS 3D printer is a compact production-grade Selective Laser Sintering system. It manufactures stronger functional parts up to 7X faster and integrates new DuraForm ProX material with lower waste.
At the event the company also announced the shipping of Geomagic Capture, an integrated 3D scan-to-design and inspection solutions for professional scan-based design and quality inspection ranging in price from $14,900 to $24,900, as part of its 3DPRINTING 2.0 showcase. Meanwhile the company reveals Geomagic Print, a print driver that makes 3D files from virtually any source instantly printable on 3DS' entire portfolio of ProJet and ProX series printers. In addition, 3DS is launching two new materials for its ProJet 5000 – VisiJet M5 Black and VisiJet M5-X.
"The exponential speed, size and capacity gains we are delivering together with advanced material options and new scan-to-design and inspection tools, defines the very essence of 3DPRINTING 2.0 and accelerates our customers' ability to manufacture the future." said Avi Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- 3ders at Euromold 2013: New 3D printers - 3Dfactories, Picaso, be3D
- 3ders at Euromold 2013: DigiFabb (1)
- RepRapPro launches affordable Ormerod full 3D printer kit
- 3D Systems unveiled ProJet 5500X multi-material composites 3D printer
- 3D Systems announces continuous-tone, full-color ProJet 4500 3D printer
- Foodini 3D Food Printer will look and operate just like a common kitchen appliance
- Prodways, new gen 3D printers ready to compete against market leaders
- Greenville inventor holds patents for first 3D printers
- Solidoodle launches Solidoodle 4 3D printer, priced at $999
- CEL introduces Robox 3D printer, a Robot in a box
- New resin 3D printer prints multiple-material objects in minutes
- Fripp Design announces imminent release of full color silicone 3D printer
- 3D Print Show in London highlights: desktop 3D printers (video)
Alex wrote at 12/11/2013 12:38:24 AM:
the projet 1200 is a rebrended MiiCraft! same resolution, same area, same Z. It has the same parts inside, i have it in my office and it's exactly the same!
Feign wrote at 12/5/2013 8:55:44 PM:
This isn't even going to compete with the Form1. They are in totally different price catagories.
some guy wrote at 12/5/2013 7:10:12 PM:
end of time? $1600 more and a way smaller print volume? who would be dumb enough to buy this over a form 1?
Bryan wrote at 12/5/2013 2:03:08 PM:
end of time FORM1 :]