April 4, 2014
To help UK students lead the world of design, manufacture and technology by enabling access to the latest tools and software, UK startup, Ion Core, the company behind Zinter PRO 3D Printer, launches STEM Initiative to give UK teachers, schools, colleges and universities a chance to fundraise via their local community the cost of obtaining a Zinter PRO 3D Printer, together with a free comprehensive Zinter PRO 3D Printer Education Package plus additional resources required to integrate 3D printer the classroom and learning environment.
All UK registered education organisation (school, college or university) can register to get access to the Ion Core Fundraising Initiative. The Ion Core education team will work closely with each school and college to setup their own fundraising page allowing them to start accepting public donations.
Each school will receive £100 from Ion Core's partner 3D Advertiser, an additive manufacturing sector magazine based in UK.
When a school's fundraising target is met, Ion Core will deliver a new Zinter PRO 3D Printer as well as the free Zinter Education Package.
Each school successfully completes their fund raising target will also be automatically entered into Ion Core's fund raising competition.
Three schools will be chosen at random and will receive a visit from the Ion Core Directors including Richard Dinan star of E4 television show 'Made in Chelsea'. Richard will give a talk to students about 3D printing and teachers will have an opportunity to speak to the Directors of Ion Core.
The Zinter PRO 3D Printer is a stylish device that features enclosed environment, heated build platform and two extruders. Priced at £2,350 (£2.850 with VAT), the Zinter PRO has a build volume of 200mm x 200mm x 200mm and can print with ABS, PLA, Nylon, PVA, PC.
Posted in 3D Printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- UK to invest £15 million to set up national 3D printing hub
- NIH partners with Organovo to develop 3D printable living tissues
- LUXeXceL raises €5 million fund to fuel optical 3D printing
- Epson to launch industrial 3D printers within five years
- White Bear Resources announces proposed acquisition of 3D printer maker Tinkerine
- Mcor closing in on €15m new funding from Silicon Valley investors
- Dover Group announces strategic investment in TierTime, UP! 3D printer maker
- will.i.am to join 3D Systems as Chief Creative Officer
- 3D-printer maker Formlabs accepts Bitcoin, releases PreForm 1.0
- Teachers learn to build 3D printer for the classroom
- MakerBot anticipates 3D printer launches at CES