Jun 2, 2014
Nike continues to push the limits of innovation and design using 3D printing technology. The design team at Nike Soccer has created something truly unique for its roster of top players: the Nike Soccer Rebento Duffel, the world's first 3D printed performance sports bag.
The lucky recipients are Neymar Jr., Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, who will carry the bag to Brazil this summer.
Each bag features 3D printed custom gold hardware with the player's name. The bag showcases a 3D printed base that resembles the stud plates on the Magista and Mercurial boots. The design of the lower part of body also takes cues from the Nike Flyknit pattern on the Magista and Mercurial boots. Its intertwined weave structure is made in a fully-flexible and durable 3D printing material, nylon, using laser sintering technology, a 3D printing process that builds 3D parts by using a laser to selectively sinter a powdered material.
The 3D printing process provides designers with the ability to integrate different designs into unitized structures, meanwhile also saving weight over conventional multi-part assemblies. The 3D printed structure is complemented with handcrafted, premium leather on the bag's upper and straps, fitted seamlessly into the base without the use of any glue or adhesive.
The Rebento duffle bag takes its name from the Portuguese word for explode.
Check out detailed looks below.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printed parts launched in space on the KySat-2 satellite
- 3D printing could help UK's Sellafield nuclear plant save millions of Pounds
- Students 3D print pink robotic prosthetic arm for a 13-year-old girl
- You can now 3D print you own 'Apple iPhone 6' for $25
- Oxfam & MyMiniFactory crowdsourcing 3D printable hand wash system for Syrian refugees
- Fool surveillance cameras by wearing a 3D printed mask of this artist's face
- UNYQ's 3D-printed covers make prosthetics modern and stylish
- General Electric brings 3D printing to its first plant in India
- The first 3D printed mouthpiece to treat sleep apnoea
- Rezvani Beast super sports car comes with 3D printed parts
- 3D-print your own Obi-Wan Lightsaber
- KXX rattling rings, combining 3D printing with Brazilian musical instrument
- Queensland students win Startup Weekend with 3D-printed mobile virtual reality device
- 800-year-old Buddhist statue restored with help of 3D printing
- 3D printed Bypass components add flexibilities to water pipes
solomon davidson wrote at 12/4/2014 10:49:30 AM:
cool yolo swag