Dec 31, 2014
Chanhassen, Minnesota based Afinia, a division of Microboards Technology LLC and the reseller for the Chinese 3D printing company Tiertime, has announced today a new printer, The H800.
Afinia's award-winning H-Series Desktop 3D printer debuted in 2012 and won many awards for its easy to set up and use, reliability and good printing quality.
The new H800 retains all of "Out-of-the-Box" printing features of its predecessors with auto-leveling platform calibration and nozzle height detection, but also add a 10x8x8" (255 x 205 x 205 mm) build area in a fully-enclosed chamber with HEPA air filter. The heated build platform allows for both ABS and PLA filaments to be used with the system. The H800 also features a layer-thickness of 100 microns (.004").
Compared to its predecessor H480 3D printer, the H800 has the following enhancements:
- HEPA filtration system
- Fully-automated platform leveling and height sensing
- 30% faster
- Ultra-fine 100-micron print resolution
- One button filament color changing
- Smart support material technology
- Easy filament spool loading
- Fully-enclosed system
"The H800 is the next improvement in our Desktop 3D Printer product line.", remarked John Westrum, Afinia's Vice President. "Our customers in education, engineering and at home have asked us to bring our quality and award-winning support into an affordable larger unit. We feel like we have met their request in the H800. At $1,899, it is hundreds of dollars less than other 3D printers in its class".
The H800 comes with Afinia's 3D printing software which supports all the H-Series printers and could automatically generate support material for your design. The software also features an easy-to-use interface for laying out, orienting, duplicating, and scaling parts.
The device connects to a PC or Mac with a USB cable. When printing, the Afinia stores the print job in its onboard memory, so users are free to unplug the USB cable.
- Build Envelope - 10" W x 8" D x 8" H (255 x 205 x 205 mm)
- HD Print Quality - 0.1mm (100 micron), 0.15 mm, 0.2mm, 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.4mm
- Smart Support - Support material automatically created by 3D printer software
- Safety - Built-in HEPA filter removes microfine particles
- Lighting - Active heartbeat mood lighting provides vidual feedback of print status
- Dimensions - 19.1" W x 20.5" D x 19.5" H (385 x 520 x 495mm)
- Weight - 55 lbs (20 kg)
- Power - 110-220VAC, 50-60Hz, 220W
- Connectivity - USB, with ability to disconnect from computer when print job starts
- Consumables - 1.75mm ABS or PLA Plastic Filament (Included: 1 x 500g spool of Natural White Premium ABS)
- Software - Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) 32/64 bit and MAC OSX 10.7
The H800 will include a 1-year manufacturers warranty with an optional 2nd year extended warranty. According to the company, the Afinia H800 will be available for purchase in May 2015.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Printrbot to release their all-metal Plus 3D printer on Black Friday
- Loughborough University teams up with Skanska to build commerical 3D concrete printing robot
- Gigantic BigRep One.2 3D Printer can create an entire table, debuts at EuroMold next week
- 3D Hubs releases 3D Printing Trend Report for November 2014
- Overlord multicolor 3D printer to launch on Kickstarter next week, starting at £99
- Hardcotton's Elemental pressure controlled SLA 3D printer launches on Kickstarter, starting at $950 AUD
- 3D Systems previews ProX 400 two-laser direct metal 3D printer
- Polish start-up SinterIt developing a $5,000 SLS 3D printer, aiming for an early 2015 release
- NASA installs first zero-gravity 3D printer on Space Station
- Ester SLS 3D Printer to launch soon on Indiegogo, price starting at $2,500
Adam wrote at 1/1/2015 12:44:09 AM:
the up was the first printer that did it for me now this one makes me say this is it this is ideal this is the next level of fff for the average man