Mar. 13, 2015
Xuberance, a design studio based in Shanghai, has presented two 3D pritned wedding dresses at TCT Asia, held during March 12-14, at the Shanghai Convention & Exhibition Center of International Sourcing in China.
Xuberance has gained international recognition for their work that combines digital technology with innovative materials. The 3D printed wedding dresses were made using selective laser sintering (SLS), where material is built up in layers from nylon powder fused together with a laser. The final pieces are soft and durable, and they are pretty comfortable to wear, designers explained.
But all beauty come with a price. Each 3D printed dress costs around 20,000 yuan (USD 3,190), and it takes one week to print one dress.
Founded by Steven Ma, Bin Lu, and Leirah Wang in 2008, Xuberance also produces stunning 3D printed accessories and offers training and workshops for 3D printing. On the company's online store you can find a variety of accessories to be purchased. The 3D printed headpiece seen on the photo below will cost you $5250.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- InVivo plans to use 46 3D printers to make spinal scaffolds
- SHAPES iN PLAY: shaping objects by using rapid prototyping
- Create and 3D print custom records for Fisher Price's Toy Record Player
- Weekend project: 3D print a Pocket-Tactics board game
- Disney's new 3D printing princesses experience
- Table Lamp from a 3D printer that blooms like a flower
- 3D printed WMF giant spoon
- 3D printing and stop motion used for Dutch science show "Het Klokhuis" opening titles
- The world's first 3D printed race car reaches 140 km/h
- 8 functional 3D printable mason jar lids
- 3D print yourself a dungeon crawl game
Jon S wrote at 3/13/2015 5:26:42 PM:
10/10 for great 3D printing. 2/10 for tasteful design and style.