Apr 13, 2017 | By Benedict
Dutch 3D printer manufacturer Leapfrog has announced a price drop of €1,000 on its Creatr HS 3D printer, taking the price down from €2,499 to €1,499. The company has also started a donation campaign for education.
It’s been almost three years since we reported on the launch of the Leapfrog Creatr HS 3D printer, a sturdy FDM machine with a large build volume (270 x 280 x 180 mm) and heated glass print bed. Now, with new 3D printers arriving on the market at an impressive rate, Leapfrog has decided to offer customers a massive incentive to purchase its tried-and-tested unit—in the form of a €1,000 price reduction.
“Loved by a large community for its large build volume, high speed, and easy operation, the Creatr HS is a reliable workhorse,” Leapfrog says. “Now, considering these conditions, we are happy to announce that the price of Creatr HS has dropped from € 2,499 to an affordable € 1,499.”
Leapfrog says that a major reason for this price reduction is its commitment to education. The company sees the Creatr HS as an ideal 3D printer for schools and universities, and is actually planning to donate a number of its printers to such institutions. The scheme will work like this: for every 100 Creatrs bought at the special discounted price, Leapfrog will donate one printer to a school or university. Customers can even nominate a school they think deserves one.
If waiting for that 101st 3D printer doesn’t sound immediate enough to you, Leapfrog is also offering a different kind of offer that allows teachers, professors, or even supportive parents to get a 3D printer into the classroom at a special rate. The Dutch company has set up a “buy one get the 2nd half price” deal, in which a customer can order a second Creatr HS for just €750—just as long as that 3D printer ends up in the hands of a school or university.
In line with its commitment to encouraging 3D printing in education, Leapfrog also offers a €2,999 Education Value Pack that contains a 3D printer, a large amount of filament, a toolkit, and special 3D printing lesson plans.
Leapfrog Creatr HS 3D printer specs
- Build volume: 270 x 280 x 180 mm
- Print speed: 300 mm/s
- Layer height: 20 micron
- Nozzle diameter: 0.35 mm
- Heated bed temp: 90°C
- Dual extruder
Posted in 3D Printer
Maybe you also like:
- T-Bone Cape motion control board launches on Indiegogo
- New extruder could lower costs of 3D printing cellular structures for drug testing
- New Ninja Printer Plate for consumer 3D printing
- mUVe3D releases improved Marlin firmware for all 3D printers
- Zecotek plans HD 3D display for 3D printers
- Add a smart LCD controller to your Robo3D printer
- Maker Kase: a handy cabinet for 3D printers
- Heated bed for ABS printing with the Printrbot Simple XL
- Next gen all metal 3D printer extruder from Micron
- Pico all-metal hotend 100% funded in 48 hours, B3 announces Stretch Goal
- Create it REAL announces first 3D printing Real Time Processor
- A larger and more powerful 3D printer extruder on Kickstarter