Feb 8, 2018 | By Tess

SIA Engineering (SIAEC), a Singapore-based aerospace company, is partnering with 3D printing giant Stratasys for the establishment of a 3D printing service center geared specifically towards 3D printing components for the commercial aviation industry.

The additive manufacturing facility, to be based in Singapore, will be jointly operated (with SIAEC taking 60 percent of the equity stake, and Stratasys maintaining the other 40 percent).

Though information about the upcoming AM center is still limited, the companies say it will provide support for the design, engineering, production, and certification of 3D printed parts destined for commercial aircraft use. Potential clients include airlines; maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies; and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

“With increasing adoption of additive manufacturing technology in the aerospace industry, this joint venture will be able to access growing demand for additive manufacturing services,” said Png Kim Chiang, the CEO of SIAEC. “We look forward to partnering with Stratasys to provide our customers with new service offerings as we continue to enhance our suite of MRO services.”

At the moment it seems like the joint additive manufacturing center will be focused on the production of plastic parts for commercial aircraft, such as interior cabin components, as well as tooling equipment for MRO providers.

Also this week, Stratasys made headlines for its partnership with Dassault Systèmes and Unlimited Tomorrow, a 3D printed prosthetics startup founded in 2015 by an ambitious teenager. Stratasys and Dassault Systèmes will now be acting as Unlimited Tomorrow’s official providers of 3D printing and software, respectively.

 

 

Posted in 3D Printer Company

 

 

Maybe you also like:


   






Leave a comment:

Your Name:

 


Subscribe us to

3ders.org Feeds 3ders.org twitter 3ders.org facebook   

About 3Ders.org

3Ders.org provides the latest news about 3D printing technology and 3D printers. We are now six years old and have around 1.5 million unique visitors per month.

News Archive