Lisa Harouni, co-founder of Digital Forming gave an accessible intro to 3D printing at TED Salon in London in November 2011. Digital Forming makes the design tools for 3D printing process - You can use their platform to download and view product in 3D, zoom in or rotate it, and customize it according to your desires.
Lisa Harouni has a background in economics, and worked in the G7 Economics team at Deutsche Bank AG before moving over to the consumer products business.
In the video below Lisa Harouni gives a useful introduction to this fascinating way of making things - 3D printing, what the technology is, what kind of intricate objects it can make, why it is important, how it will likely change the future. Wired says: "Lisa Harouni is in the vanguard of a wave of entrepreneurs who want to make it easy for anyone to design and create bespoke products at the click of a button."
Source: TED Blog
Posted in 3D Printing Technology
Maybe you also like:
- Michael Weinberg: It Will Be Awesome if They Don't Screw it Up
- "3D printing is here - but the factory in every home isn't!" - Deloitte TMT Trends for 2012
- Cory Doctorow's lecture on the upcoming war on general-purpose computing
- Digitally fabricated houses of Facit Homes
- How 3D printing revolutionizes architecture
- 3D Printing in space - Jason Dunn - let your ideas fly
- A new year wish - create a 3D printer as a teleporter
- Microsoft 3D prints hardware prototypes in-house
- 3D printing hit the catwalk
- Christmas dinner out of 3D printer
- Made in Space receives $125,000 NASA funding to develop in-space 3D printing capability
- 3D Printing - A Threat or An Opportunity For Mold Industry