Google has just announced that the Google Model Your Town Competition is now opening. This is the 2nd time that Google launched such competition. Model Your Town requests that contestants make photo-textured models of their town by using SketchUp or Building Maker and upload them. You are free to choose what kind of buildings, roads or rivers to include in the design, but the model should represent the character and history of the town, that means somethings special and then you give a life to it.
The winning town is get USD$25,000 for a local school/district, and SketchUp team will visit your town and throw you a dinner party and make you a local hero.
(credit: Google sketchup)
The winner in 2010 was Jorge De Albertis from Lima, Peru. He made a 3D model of Barranco and won the competition. Watch the video to see how people celebrated in Barrance for this local hero.
The deadline for the competition is by the end of February 2012. So, hurry up, take your action.
Submission Deadline March 1, 2012
Five Finalists Notified March 15, 2012
Online Public Vote April 1 - May 1, 2012
Winning Town Announced May 15, 2012
For more details, please visit the competition website.
Posted in 3D Print Events
- 3D Printers Complement Public Library
- Tinkercad Raises $1M in Seed Funding from True Ventures and Angel Investors
- Objet 3D Printed Dashboard from StreetScooter and Other Cutting-Edge 3D Printing Applications at EuroMold 2011
- Top 100 websites 2011 in 3D Printing Industry
- Sustainable Technology Design Competition for 3-D Printers is Open
- 3D Printer Manufacturing Industry Research Report Available from IBISWorld
**Tips? Find bugs? Or suggestions, ideas, please drop us a note at "contact us" form. Thank you.