A UK startup called MiniatureMoments has created a new concept for 3D printing service: allows you to turn a photo into an object using software and a 3D printer.
This service is protected by a patent pending registered to Phone Extrude Ltd.
You upload a photo of yours, and MiniatureMoments will create a CAD model of it and then print it using a 3D printer. The miniatures, as they are named, is approx. the size of a passport photo, with 5 grams weight. They are 3D-printed negatives and translucent, and only when you hold them to light then you can clearly seen.
The idea behind MiniatureMoments is to reserve the memory of a photo by creating a 3D objects.
Each miniature costs $40(30Euro). Check out the video below.
Posted in 3D Print Service
- My Robot Nation is Launched - 3D Creation for Everyone
- Rapid Prototyping Now Accessible to North Texas Innovators
- Print Your Face as Real
- Sustainable Technology Design Competition for 3-D Printers is Open
- First 3D Printing Event in Eindhoven NL
- Microsoft's HoloDesk - Play with 3D Objects
**Tips? Find bugs? Or suggestions, ideas, please drop us a note at "contact us" form. Thank you.