Robot Factory in Italy has unveiled their new 3D-ONE 3D printer, which has been designed and created to provide an extremely large build volume for printing larger 3D models. The new 3D-ONE can use ABS, PLA, PVA(Polyvinyl Alcohol) and PC(Polycarbonate) to build models.
First, some technical highlights of the new 3D printer:
Plant size: 600 x 500 x 660mm (Length, Width, Height), not include material support
Large build envelope: 245 x 245 x 245 mm (Length, Width, Height)
Print resolution axis X - Y: 0.06 mm
Print resolution Z-axis: 0.01 mm
Speed axis X - Y: 5,000 mm/min
Speed Z axis: 3,000 mm / min
Extruder speed: 2,000 mm / min
Slice (layer): 0.10 / 0.21 / 0.31 / 0.42 / 0.53 (mm)
Standard nozzle: 0.48 mm (on request 0.37 / 0.39 / 0.42 / 0.53)
3D-ONE uses Cartesian axes system and the movements are made using HTD(High Torque Drive) belts which gives more power and less slippage. Also the Z axis drive is geared down 4:1, which allows the Z-axis accuracy to be 0.01 mm.
All the elements that make up the mechanical structure are made with special aluminium profiles and laser cutting steel sheets. The numeric control for folder can increase production and assure maximum accuracy.
Together with 3D-ONE the software and accessories are provided:
- Graphics design program for developing basic 3D design.
- STL file Viewer.
- Basic generator converting STL to Gcode.
- control software Mach3 with personalized interface.
- Special adhesive for worktop.
- Initial set of ABS filament.
- Some sample STL file with its G-code.
The introductory price, valid until June 2012, is 3,000 euros and is available for purchase now.
Watch the video below a 3D-ONE 3D printer in action.
Items made with 3D-ONE.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- RouterStrap 3D printer on the CNC Machine
- How low can a Prusa Mendel 3D printer cost go
- Could Makibox's $350 3D printer raise more money than they have reached now? YES!
- Launch party for KamerMaker - First large-scale movable pavilion 3D-print rooms
- Fabbster "launch customer program" launches today
- The Man Who Prints Houses - Documentary about Enrico Dini and his heart and soul in 3D printing buildings
- 3D printer manufacturer Objet sees big opportunities in Asia Pacific
- Portable Tantillus 3D printer ready for beta testing
- Investors favor Dutch 3D printer manufacturer Ultimaker
- How to make cookies with a 3D food printer