We have seen many interesting mini 3D prints of a Minecraft castle, but the 3D printed miniature of Winterfell from Daniel (damm301) is really cool!
Winterfell is the seat of House Stark. It is a large castle located at the center of the North, from where the head of House Stark rules over his people. Daniel built the model from scatch which is based on screen captures from the title sequence of Game of Thrones. "There, a short fly-over of Winterfell is shown, whilst the town builds up from the ground."
This model was designed in Solidworks and printed on a Makerbot Replicator 2 3D printer using 0.2mm layers, 10% infill, 2 shells, with a size of about 80x80mm.
If you have access to a 3D printer, you can download the .stl files here on Thingiverse. "The Winterfell.STL is all the buildings, but does not include any door/window openings. The Winterfell_detailed.STL file though adds Windows and Doors to many of the buildings." noted Daniel.
Posted in 3D printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Green giant Hulk 3D printed on a MakerBot Replicator 2
- Update: Little Liam got 3D printed robotic hand, design files shared
- In new episode of CBS "The Big Bang Theory" Howard and Raj get a 3D printer
- Charge your iPhone 5 with Apple's Universal Dock and 3D printed adapter
- Mini project 3D printed Forever Alone statues makes $2,000 in profit
- 3D print a super cool ultra futuristic Modular Snap-Fit Airship
- US army engineers uses 3D printers to build dam models
- ESA works with Forster + Partners to build moon base using 3D printer
- First step of 3D printed hexapod robot Bleuette