Capture your world in 3D - Artec, manufacturer of handheld professional 3D scanner, announces "Winter Fun with Kinect contest" inviting the Kinect owners around the world to create their own 3d models with their Artec Studio software. The software is designed specifically for Kinect, ASUS Xtion, Primesense sensors or Eva 3D scanner.
All you have to do is to download free trial version of Artec Studio that turns your Kinect or ASUS Xtion or PrimeSense sensors into a real 3D scanner.
Then, simply scan any objects that come to your mind: the main theme for scanned objects is winter. Snowmen, Santa and his elves, Xmas trees all things related to the winter. Then submit your 3D model to ViewShape.com and tag it as WinterFun.
Artec team will evaluate the submitted models, and the most creative and best executed 3D models will be chosen. The top three winning authors will recieve up to $1000 cash prizes, and 10 runners-up will win the full version of Artec Studio.
All entries must be submitted before February, 28th 2013. Check out Artec3d.com for more details. Good luck!
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- Unfold's Stratigraphic Manufactury: playing with ceramic 3d printing for unexpected results
- Artist 3D printing museum replica on a Makerbot Replicator
- UW WOOF wins the 3D4D Challenge 2012
- OpenStructures WaterBoiler Filter by Unfold
- Rebuilding 74-year-old Morris Eight badge with 3D printing
- 360-degree visualisation tool 3DTry.it released at 3D Printshow London
- Digital Reality launches new tool for real time quotes
- FabClay: exploring important parameters of robotic 3D printing
- Shapeways opens largest 3D printing factory in the world