April 12, 2013
Artec3D, a 3D scanning manufacturer and developer of 3D facial recognition technology has announced a new generation hand-held, 3D scanner named Spider - so named because of its many "eyes".
Unlike other hand-held scanners, Spider has been developed for scanning objects with many small details, such as molds, PCBs, coins and engravings. Artec Spider 3D scanner can be used for rapid prototyping, quality control, as well as heritage preservation, graphic design medicine, automotive and aerospace.
- High resolution (up to 0.15mm) and high accuracy (0.03 - 0.05mm)
- No markers or manual alignment required during post processing
- The scans have texture
- It scans sharp edges and the intricate details of the object
- It has extended working time when used with the Artec battery
- Real-time scanning and fusion
The price of Spider 3D scanner is still unknown, according to Artec3D, it will be less than 20,000USD. Spider will be presented by Artec3D at the Control show in Stuttgart, Germany (May 14-17, 2013).
Posted in 3D Scanning
Maybe you also like:
- New 3D scanner creates high-resolution 3D images from a kilometer away
- Affordable Photon 3D Scanner: scan items with one click
- Digiteyezer annoucing AlterEgo, a fully automated "scan-to-print" solution
- Autodesk announces ReCap: Creating 3D data from photos and scans
- 3D scanner helps artist create life-sized racehorse sculpture
- DIY VirtuZoom Microscope 3D-Scanner for miniature objects
- BodyAvatar: Kinect app lets you create 3D avatars with your body
- Lantos' 3D Ear Scanning System Receives FDA Clearance
- Affordable Moedls Mobile 3D scanner goes live on Kickstarter
- 3D body scanning offshore workers to boost safety
- Kinect Fusion to help doctors visualize 3D brain scans
- MakerBot unveils Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner prototype at SXSW
- Matterport to launch 3D camera, raises $5.6 Million funding
jacques modiano wrote at 4/24/2013 12:53:02 AM:
Hi, I need a scanner for burn patients so we can make silicon masks to treat scarring. please provide price for handheld option or other. Many thanks.