You've seen 360-degree, panoramic photos before. But a 360-degree video that's controlled through your mouse and keyboard is still new. 360° Video has been difficult and pretty expensive for many 360° content creators.
Inventor Michael Kintner has come up with 360 Heros, a 360° Video/Photo Gear. Using an array of GoPro cameras, mounted to the 360Heros patent pending 360 Plug-n-Play Holders, you'll be able to snap stunning 360° panoramas in one click of the WiFi remote. When on a bicycle, you can attach it with the video cameras and get to see a 360 by 180 degree view of your surroundings.
The 360 Plug-n-Player Holders are 3D printed from aircraft-grade nylon and designed for ease of use in the field. It is light-weighted (1.5 pound / 0.68kg) and you can put it anywhere and capture amazing lasting impressions.
Kintner came up with the idea after scuba diving and finding out that he had been trailed by a shark during his swim. He wished not only that he had been able to see the shark himself, but that there was a more all-encompassing way to share such experiences in general. His solution was to perfect and make accessible a 360 rig for film and photography.
According to 3D Systems, Kintner called the company, bought software, the CubeX printer and got started. The 3D printer gave Kintner's process great efficiency, allowing him to design, print, test and modify his prototypes in swift succession. Within a day of receiving his 3D printer Kintner was holding his first prototype of the rig. What Kintner appreciated most, however, was the smooth integration and operation of all the 3D solutions he used, from software, to printer, to materials.
Kintner has launched the 360Heros now on Kickstarter. For $345 you will get a 360Heros that could produce a full spherical view 360 degrees by 120 degrees for photos and/or videos. Check for more information here on Kickstarter.
Posted in 3D printing applications
Maybe you also like:
- Design for life: create a better gas mask for fire services using 3D printing
- China shows off world largest 3D printed titanium fighter component
- 3D printer headed to Space Station in August 2014
- GE Aviation to conduct in-process inspection to increase additive production speeds
- 3D printed iconic album art of Joy Division's "Unknown Pleasures"
- 3D-printable version of chess-like Game of Thrones Cyvasse
- Creative 3D printed interactive sculpture adds a human touch to the workplace
- High school student designs 3D printable finger splints for developing countries
- Darkmatter: 3D printed Arduino compatible Xbox Laptop hits Kickstarter
- Australian police warns of dangers of 3D guns
- 3D printers may speed soft robots evolution
- Homeland Security bulletin: it could be "impossible" to stop 3D-printed guns
Thiago wrote at 6/14/2014 11:19:26 AM:
Look for the other mounts before you decide to buy 360hero. I bought this trusting what is written here but ended up receiving the product that does not serve the purpose.
Benjamin wrote at 6/14/2014 11:18:44 AM:
Not a great product as described here. One of the heaviest and low quality mount that I have ever used. Not recommended.
Andru Bikal wrote at 6/14/2014 11:17:30 AM:
Highly unprofessional. No one is there to listen about the delivery of the damaged product. No response to the emails regarding the same. Pathetic service.
Mark Pattinson wrote at 6/14/2014 11:16:33 AM:
An overpriced mount when compared with the other mounts. I am repenting should I have compared with other products rather than trusting what is written here.
Anthony wrote at 6/14/2014 11:15:29 AM:
You don’t get what you pay for. This product shown here is fake. I ordered this and ended up receiving a low quality mount incapable of holding multiple cameras.
Luiz Philip wrote at 6/14/2014 11:14:00 AM:
The camera holders are not tight enough. My camera broke due to the lose holding as it fell while using this mount.
Rafael wrote at 6/13/2014 4:38:58 PM:
It worked well for few months. But later the clamps to hold the camera got loosen and resulted in camera falling down. A low quality product!!
Xavi2233 wrote at 6/13/2014 4:36:47 PM:
120. Item is not as good as listed here. It is an average quality mount. I have been using it for quite some time but am not impressed with the functioning of it. The poor quality is a setback and that is the reason I won’t recommend this to anyone here.
Xavi2233 wrote at 6/12/2014 4:16:13 PM:
I had to waste $100’s of in getting my camera repaired. It fell from the mount while capturing the video. The camera holders are not able to hold the camera properly.
Devid22 wrote at 6/12/2014 4:12:55 PM:
The 360 hero mount is way behind the other mounts. It lacks the features and the flexibility that other mounts poses. Would not recommend to anyone.
Sebastiaan wrote at 6/1/2013 6:57:31 PM:
I hope th cat (prop) got paid.
Thomas Hayden wrote at 5/29/2013 10:46:43 PM:
Great post! Thanks for spreading our 360 video revolution!