RepRap.org is supporting a new build event which will be held in Cologne Germany in December. This reprap build workshop will build ten printers of the latest Prusa Iteration 2 variety, leading by Josef Prusa, Kliment Yanev and Ruben Lubbes.
Here is a video of the first dutch Reprap Build-Party organized by the same team:
The Build-party information:
Date and time: Dec.3~4, 2011 10am~7pm
Location: Coworking Space Gasmotorenfabrik, 3rd floor, Deutz-Mülheimer Str. 129, 51063 Cologne, Germany
Number of participants: 10 machines, 1-2 participants per machine.
Price: 850€ per printer.
Included: All parts for the machine, print material.
Bring with you: Tools.
- Set of hexagonal keys (allen keys) including small sizes
- Screwdriver set
- Wrenches in sizes 13 (ideally two pieces), 7 and 5.5
- Electronics pliers set (at least needle nose and side cutters)
- 8mm round file
What do you have to look for? It is not a commercial product, but a man-made and executed kit. The better you put them together, the better the printer functions.
Registration: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little history of Reprap Build Events:
Feb.18~20, 2011 the first IkMaak Masterclass was organised at the RWTH Aachen. Ten Repraps were sucessfully built.
The second reprap buildparty was organised in the FabLab Maastricht on Feb.25~27, 2011, 10 repraps were built and tested, all participants went back home with a with a working reprap.
The Masterclass Jean-Marc of eMakershop was organised with University of Bath on July 1~3, 2011.
Then again in Maastrict. IkMaak.nl organized the second 3D printer building party in Maastricht in the weekend of September 23 to 25, 2011. See how happy they are!
(photo credit: IkMaak.nl)
Posted in 3D Printing Events
- Sustainable Technology Design Competition for 3-D Printers is Open
- First 3D Printing Event in Eindhoven NL
- Kraftwurx, more than just a 3D printing service
- Shapeways Raised Another 5.1 Million Investment
- MiniatureMoments 3D Print The Memory Of Your Photo
- My Robot Nation is Launched - 3D Creation for Everyone
- Rapid Prototyping Now Accessible to North Texas Innovators
- Print Your Face as Real