strvct is all 3D printed with nylon which are extremely strong but also extremely lightweight. 3D printing technology allows the outcome to be complex and detailed.
We present a triangulated spin on the classic wedge pump, which brings to mind Cinderella's glass slipper in its transparency. Expanding on this idea, we created a sandal with a 3D printed base and origami tyvek butterflies.
The strvct shoes are wearable. They feature a triangulated lattice surface and lined with a patent leather inner sole, and coated with a synthetic rubber on the bottom to provide traction.
The Studio have previously created 3d printed bikini made with a dot design and waterproof Nylon material. Mary Huang, one of the Continuum founder says, the 3D printed shoes are not the most comfortable ever, but they are wearable as normal footwear.
(We can also apply our N12 system to shoes, although this model is not yet tested.)
But such a pair will cost you US$900, and it is available in a variety of colors and styles. You can order now through email - the studio says it will add tools and features to make it easy for users to select their favorite style and their heel length.
In fashion world price can be crazy as long as it is stylish and fashionable, especially when it combines exciting emerging tech. What about you, would you ever buy and wear such a 3D printed product?
(Another concept for the line, pushing the limits of what is recognizable as a shoe. Images credit: Continuum Fashion)
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Theo Jansen's 3D printed Strandbeests, here are the Lego and bamboo version
- Making jewelry out of waste materials with a 3D printer
- Escher For Real: 3D printing real-life version of Escher's drawings
- Drone delivers 3D-printed portraits at Burning Man
- Charge Bikes & EADS 3D printing titanium bicycle parts
- 3D printed Symphony Shells iPhone amplifiers
- Injured bald eagle Beauty gets 3D printed bionic beak
- Finger-worn EyeRing helps blind navigate and "see"
- Using a 3D printer to make an awesome portal gun
- 3D printing builds humanoid robot mockup for NASA in two weeks
- New start-up offers 3D printed glasses fit to your face
- Polchemy Made-to-order 3D printed iPhone case
- 3D printing Mars globes and your Mars Curiosity rover
- 3D printed lightweight robotic hand wins 2012 R&D 100
- NASA making parts with 3D printing for human-supporting rover
- 3D printer to make special memories come alive
- Toronto Hot Pop Factory uses 3D printer to create unique jewellery
- Building next generation sprint spikes for Olympic using 3D printing
- Musician uses Makerbot Replicator to replace parts for a 1970 Robert Goble harpsichord
- Create your own 3D printed Minecraft binary clock