This is a binary clock inspired by Daniel Andrade's binary clock with Arduino. Daniel Andrade used Arduino, LEDs, resistors, push-buttons and wire to build a simple circuit.
How it works
This binary clock is made up of four rows and four columns of colored or uncolored dots. The rows, from bottom to top, represent the numbers one, two, four and eight. From left to right, columns one and two represent hours, three and four are minutes.
(Images credit: Daniel Andrade)
Created by bogenfreund, this binary clock was built into a 3d printed case created in Minecraft.
17:19 (5:19 PM)
The model was exported with Mineways and printed on a Zprinter 650 3D printer with a block size of 25mm3 (so every block has an edge length of 5mm).
After printing, LEDs were glued into the case after filing the openings a bit wider. Then, the LEDs were soldered to form a 4x4 LED matrix, and the matrix was connected to an Arduino board.
Next steps will be to tidy up the wiring and add some buttons to set the clock to the right time (right now this has to be done in the code).
Update: bogenfreund uploaded instruction and downloadable files on Thingiverse, find them here. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28831
Arduino code and circuit-description can be found here: bitbucket.org/boden/arduino-based-binary-clock-on-a-4x4-led-matrix/overview
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Time to save your failed prints for recycling
- Tantillus portable opensource 3D printer now on Indiegogo
- 3D printed ear adapter turns your earbuds into headphones
- DreamVendor - an interactive 3D printing station in Virginia Tech
- Stop-motion Movie 'Paranorman' used 3D printers to create 31,000 individual facial parts
- Edible Chocolate Brain created from MRI scan and 3D printer
- Which company in 3D printing world has better link profile quality?
- Jay Leno uses 3D scanner and 3D Printer to replace old car parts
- 3D-Print a battery adapter for Canon Powershot SX200
- 3D printed Tanorexic Doll inspired by Tanning Mom
- One piece 3D printed hand glider that flies
- 3D printed Atlas co-op bot from portal 2
- 3D printed milk jug tells if you have milk at home
- 3D printed smart bandage that stimulates and directs blood vessel growth
- Disney World hosts "Carbon-Freeze Me" Experience using 3D printing technology
- iRapid - A new 3D printer built with "rack and pinion" concept
- Hohenstein Institutes unveil compact portable 3D scanner
- Rapid Shape brings fastest 3D printer to the market
- Stratasys to merge with Objet - key facts
- From Chocolate to Ceramics 3D printing