Oct. 26, 2012
This Eye of Sauron iPhone 5 case is designed by Shapeways user joabaldiwn, "An iPhone 5 case for Lord of the Rings fans, in which the Apple logo becomes the evil eye of Sauron, in the tower of Barad-Dûr, by the fiery pits of Cupertino... I mean, Mordor."
"Succumb to the powers of the all-seeing eye, rejoice in mass surveillance by your masters at Apple, give in to your inner Nazgûl."
The case is available on Shapeways' store for $24 and is printed out of a flexible yet sturdy plastic - "so you need not worry about the small details, it won't snap, you can bend it around easily. It fits very tightly and with a reassuring click."
The case is 3D printed out of a strong and flexible plastic - so you need not worry about the small details, it won't snap, you can bend it around easily. It fits very tightly and with a reassuring click.
There are many choices of colors - white, black, royal blue, hot pink, voilet purple and coral red, but joabaldiwn thinks black is just perfect for this.
(Image credit: Shapeways)
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- First academic library in the United States to offer 3D printing campuswide
- Iris van Herpen's stunning 3D Printed dress - hybrid holism aw2012/13 collection
- 3D printers make prototypes of POP portable device charger
- 3D printed FOBO bipedal walking robot and Spool bot
- 3D-printed shoes inspired by bird's skull
- Hacker uses Repman 3D printer to reproduce police handcuff keys
- First 3D printed full-sized milk jug boat
- 3D printed Nóize chairs combined Brazilian designs with sounds in the street
- 3D printing helps to build the fastest car in the world
- Airbus working on a concept plane built with giant 3D printers
- EADS displays 3D-printed unmanned aerial vehicle at Farnborough Airshow
- North America's largest 3D print on its way to Vancouver
- Chinese scientists uses 3D printer to print ear
- Stratasys 3D printer supports student built Lunar Rover Prototype for Google Lunar X PRIZE
- Dutch designer Ineke Otte and her 3D printed jewelry
Emily wrote at 8/5/2014 2:34:58 AM:
Did anybody happen to find a company or person who has the 3D printing files or is selling this case?
Samantha wrote at 1/16/2014 10:01:45 PM:
is there anywhere I could buy this since shapeways doesn't sell it
liam wrote at 12/17/2013 11:13:21 PM:
could i be emailded the 3D printing files so i can print it offf myself as the site Shapeways does no longer sell it, email adress is: email@example.com
Destinee wrote at 12/6/2013 7:16:48 AM:
Where can I buy this? I've looked everywhere for it. Shapeways doesnt sell it anymore
nick wrote at 9/3/2013 4:25:25 PM:
Where is the most common place to buy this at?
Sumer wrote at 8/8/2013 4:01:28 AM:
How much is it?