Adam Polak, founder of Polakium Engineering, documented his recent project: a super cool Micro Quadcopter R2. The Micro Quadcopter is made out of ABS 3D printed parts. The arms are rigid and capable of bending without fracturing under a heavy impact.
Making a complete frame you need to print out four arms and two frame plates on any DIY 3D printer.
Besides these, you also need to have:
- Turnigy 2900KV Brushless Outrunner
- Turnigy Plush 6A ESCs
- 5030 Props
- 5030R Props
- 1000mAh 2S LiPo
- KK2 Flight Controller or similar (45mm hole spacing)
Polak wrote a detailed instructions on how to assemble the frame with CA accelerator, the battery and flight controller etc. He hopes to document his experiences so that others can learn from and contribute to some of his accomplishments.
(Images credit: Polakium Engineering)
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Iconic:am The waterproof mountable iPhone case with customizable, 3D-printed mounts
- Get back to normal life with DIY prosthetic fingers
- 3D printing an acoustic stand on the cheap
- World's first 3D printed artificial reef
- Olaf Diegel's 3D-printed Guitars available on Cubify
- 3D printed Water Waves lamps inspired by traditional Chinese painting
- 3D printed Eye of Sauron iPhone 5 case for Lord Of The Rings fans
- The art of 3D print failure
- Keep your earbuds in your ears with 3D printed button
- 3D printed protein model gives hands-on help for learning the secrets of molecules
- Designer Janne Kyttanen launched 3D printed Macedonia case for iPad
- Artist 3D printing museum replica on a Makerbot Replicator
- OpenStructures WaterBoiler Filter by Unfold
- Rebuilding 74-year-old Morris Eight badge with 3D printing
- One Just One: Unique 3D Printed jewellery on Kickstarter
- 3D printing helps Louisville to crowd-source city planning of 2040
Anja wrote at 1/14/2013 6:37:59 PM:
Hi. Thanks. Looks like the creator deleted the files on the site. The site is currently not accessible.
Raja wrote at 1/14/2013 6:30:30 PM:
Hi THe link to the instructions does not work.