If you are a MendelMax 3D printer owner, you can now join the photo contest organized by Maker's Tool Works, Oklahoma City-based fabrication supply company.
Maker's Tool Works is running a contest for the best picture of a MendelMax and best picture of a 3D print on a MendelMax. By end of Friday, 7 December 2012, you can upload pictures and Maker's Tool Works will decide on first and second place winners for both categories.
First place wins $50 and second place wins $25 worth of credit to the Maker's Tool Works store which will open on Dec.10. Also, an overall winner will be selected to receive an additional specially-made grab-bag of parts (stepper drivers, filament, and more; only US residents are eligible for the grab-bag). Get more details on the contest here.
Maker's Tool Works is going to sell new MendelMax 2.0 which will be officially announced soon. The new design will be easier to assemble, easier to calibrate, and will look outstanding — all while retaining its true open source nature. Maker's Tool Works will begin shipping kits early 2013. So stay tuned.
Thanks Ryan T. for the tip!
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- 3ders.org at Euromold (6): EOS, Renishaw, voxeljet and ExOne
- UK's £7 million competition aims to clean up additive manufacturing's dirty secrets
- 3ders.org at Euromold (5): DIY 3D printers
- Join EFF's Efforts to fight bad patents restricting 3D printing
- The art of 3D print failure
- Keep your earbuds in your ears with 3D printed button
- Printcraft: convert your Minecraft creations into STL 3D model files
- 3D printed protein model gives hands-on help for learning the secrets of molecules
- 3D Printer CB-printer launched at the 3D Print show in London
- Designer Janne Kyttanen launched 3D printed Macedonia case for iPad