In Jun 2012, Rapcraft 3D printer was launched on Kickstarter by three young men Bartosz Barlowski, Michal Marciniak and Bartosz Cieluch. This open source 3D printer tried to raise $50,000 and they obtained $13,371 when the funding period was over.
Bartosz Cieluch, an experienced Polish car manufacturer who took care of production quality in each RapCraft 3D printer, started his own CB-printer.com and appeared at the 3D Print show in London last week.
CB-printer.com provides two versions of 3D printer: CB-printer kit and assembled CB-printer, both are completely made of aluminium, and available with CE certificate, meaning "European Conformity" that the manufacturer ensures that the product conforms with the essential requirements of the applicable EC directives.
We can still find the shape of Rapcraft on these CB-printers, the shape of Eiffel Tower which is pretty stable and allows CB-printer.com to work at higher speeds.
The assembled version has a start time of approx. 20 minutes, including checking calibration, warming up the head and the table and installation of software.
- Build envelope(mm): 200 x 200 x 180 mm
- Nozzle diameter (mm): 0.2 – 0.8 mm
- Layer thickness (mm): 0.1 mm
- Speed (mm/s): 50 – 300 mm/s
- System compatibility: Windows / MAC / Linux
- Weight: 8.2 kg
CB-printer kit: £1,168 / $1,864 / €1,442 including 23% VAT
CB-printer assembled: £1,228 / $1,960 / €1,517 including 23% VAT
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- EZ 3D printer from Taiwan
- ExOne released a faster 3D metal printer
- A list of DIY high resolution DLP 3D printers
- Pre-assembled all-Metal HYREL 3D printer
- Ultra-Bot 3D Printer on Kickstarter
- Pandabot 3D printer soon on Kickstarter
- Solidscape launches fully automated 3ZSTUDIO 3D printer for custom retail jewelers
- Giant 3D laser printer to reshape local manufacturing industry
- File2Part introducing unique Gutenberg 3D full color 3D printer
- Introducing four new personal 3D printers
- The 2nd Gen of the multi-material Imagine 3D printer
- 2BEIGH3 3D printer call for 60 material testers
- TangiBot 3D Printer - a Makerbot Replicator clone
- Israeli student develops largest 3D porcelain printer (video)
- Eco-friendly robotic 3D printer produces architecture from soil on-site
- First open source powder-based 3D printer
- Fully assembled Afinia H-Series 3D printer launched
- Manufacture on the go: a digital fabrication briefcase with 3D printer and CNC mill