3D Atelier (3D Workshop) in Arhhem, the Netherlands was opened on June 6 during de Mode Biënnale Arnhem 2013 and it is the first 3D printing exhibition / store in the area where everyone can get to work with 3D printing.
Sponsored by FabLab Arnhem, Ground3d and 3Dprintcafe, the 3D Atelier allows anyone to create their own 3D design and print it out directly on the 3D printers.
We've seen Andrew interview the creator of Slic3r and Bart Veldhuizen, community manager for Shapeways, and this time he is paying a visit to 3D Atelier in Arhhem. "This workshop, 3D Atelier, had a bunch of really cool 3D printing going on. Ultimaker was showing off about 8 printers, FabLab Arnhem was tinkering with stuff, and Ground3D showed off 3D printed Fashion of 3D printed nylon feather hats, dresses, bikinis, and lots of 3D Printed metal jewelry!" writes Andrew.
If you want to know what a designer thinks of the 3D printing service from Shapeways and i.materialise, and a maker talking about the setup of his 3D printer, check out the video below:
Thanks to Malcolm for the tip!
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing tool: Pelican camera creates 3D model from video
- Tesco may add 3D printing as an in-store service
- US researchers develop 3D printed tiny lithium batteries
- Asia's first 3D printed fashion show
- Australian scientists 3D printed giant titanium bugs
- An entirely 3D printed room with crazy patterns and 80 million surfaces
- 3D printed working gear iPhone cases
- LiveMap: augmented-reality helmet with navigation on Indiegogo
- MIT researchers 3D printing artificial bone
- Build your home with a Makerbot? It would take 220 years to 3D-print
- New Type A Machines Series 1 3D Printer
- Digital manufacturing supplier Inventables raises $3M in funding
- Create easy 3D models with Pirate 3D's Smart Objects
- Panasonic to use 3D printing in mass production of household appliances
- 3D printing could be miners' new tool
- Future of fashion? Make your own Jimmy Choo style shoes on a 3D printer
Andrew wrote at 7/10/2013 11:34:24 AM:
@Anush, I have posted the link in the comments of the video as well now. Thanks.
Ground3d - Anush wrote at 7/9/2013 6:42:20 PM:
Thanks for posting this!
Brian wrote at 7/9/2013 1:33:37 PM:
Keep the 3D printing news going Andrew!!