In collaboration with Hong Kong based creative studio AllRightsReserved, Adidas Originals Hong Kong is going to bring Hong Kong's first interactive 3D scan and print exhibition "We Print Originals" to the public.
With 3D scanning and printing, retro objects that were of special significance to Hong Kong people's memory and objects which are disappearing will be "reprinted", such as boombox cassette radio, double-decker bus, red post box...etc)
Celebrities are invited to make classic pose and then get 3D scanned and printed. These 30cm 3D printed Celebrity miniatures will be exhibited together with "reprinted 3D objects" to let people savor the memory of old days.
There will also be a sculpture of Hong Kong pop singer Eason Chan in scale of 200% being installed at the venue. This 85kg figure will be produced using CNC machines based on 3D scanned data.
Visitors could also have a chance to experience the "3D scanning experience" provided by TIM from Dubai and have themselves printed as 6cm figures in blue color.
Date : 2013.9.5 - 18
Venue : Adidas Store Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui Hankow Road, Hong Kong
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- NRG3: A 3D printable roller wrench tool on Kickstarter
- Japanese police use 3D printing to help find wanted criminals
- Giant loudspeaker maker is investing in 3D printing
- Square Enix sent a takedown notice to 3D-printed Final Fantasy VII Figures
- Criminals use 3D-printed skimmers on Sydney ATMs
- 3D printed 'clip on vase' transforms IKEA drinking glass into a vase
- The full set, 3D printed Final Fantasy VII is now complete. Awesome.
- NASA shows 3D printing in zero gravity (video)
- Bloodhound chases 1,000 mph world land speed record with help of 3D printing
- Japanese patients successfully received 3D printed bone transplants
- Chinese hospital uses 3D printed orthopedic implants
- 3D printed biocompatible MEMS components could make cybernetic implants a reality