Cambridge Startup Matter.io is building a whole new way to create, share and print 3D models right from your browser. "As easy as applying a photo filter," says the startup.
Matter makes it stupid simple for anyone to edit any 3D model on the web. With our easy content creation and editing tools, we make custom 3D printed creations as easy and beautiful as applying an Instagram filter. Our elegant tools are powered by cutting edge technology developed by MIT and Cornell engineers.
Matter.io's 3D modeling tool let users choose from several base models and then customize with 3D effects and custom text. The 3D design can then be freely downloaded for 3D printing.
Inspired by the Apple Announcement of the iPhone 5C on Tuesday, Matter.io put up some customizable iPhone 5C Cases and offers users to use their online tool iPhone Remix to customize and download their very own iPhone 5C case.
Matter.io plans to launch its first product, MatterRemix this fall.
Posted in 3D Design
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing helps develop the world's smallest hearing aid
- UC Irvine's RapidTech offers low-cost 3D printing service for businesses
- 3D Systems to acquire Geomagic
- 3D printing becoming popular in Tokyo
- Using 3D scanning and 3D printing to recreate 19th-century face jugs
- 3D printers to watch at CES 2013
- Prowler: 3D printed remote controlled car
- China opens its first 3D printing photo booth
- Kickstarter ViKi LCD - control panel interface for your 3D printer
- New MendelMax 2.0 3D printer announced
- Revolution and Revolution XL 3D printers
- Jeremie's roundup of home use 3D printing materials
- Design and 3D print OP-1 synthesizer stand