Today Zecotek Photonics announces plans to enter 3D printing market with a HD 3D display system for commercial 3D printers. This display will interface with 3D printers to present the object being printed in full 3D from all perspectives which will allow one or more users to view and edit the object as desired. The company says the interface may be used with existing and future 3D printers and will have a rich variety of interactive features. They claim it will provide the ability to see a true 3D image during both the design and printing process which may be able to save time, material and cost.
Zecotek Photonics Inc. is a developer of leading-edge photonics technologies for medical, industrial and scientific markets and are a wholly owned subsidiary of Zecotek Display Systems Pte. Ltd.
Zecotek's patented 3D technology powers a new type of high-performance, auto stereoscopic, 3D/2D displays that which provides multiple viewers with true volumetric visualization, exhibiting depth and parallax, over a wide viewing angle, without resorting to special glasses or other user aides. It can be used in many potential applications, in particular in gaming, as it allows simultaneous viewing by players sitting side by side, where each player would have a completely separate view.
"Zecotek's 3D display technology creates significant advantages in the design process related to 3D printing," said Dr. A.F. Zerrouk, Chairman, President, and CEO of Zecotek Photonics Inc. "By creating a user interface between the 3D printer and our own patented 3D display, we offer end-users the most realistic view of the solid object being created on the printer."
Initially, Zecotek Display Systems plans to subcontract the production of the 3D display units interfaced with the 3D printers and with the associated software for sale to end users. Subsequent mass production and sales will be done through a strategic partnership.
Posted in 3D Printing Accessories
Maybe you also like:
- Hyrel 3D introduces new extruder for printing with Clay, Plasticine & Play-Doh
- BeagleBone Black offers credit card-sized Linux PC for $45
- Transform 3D print into a high quality finished part with 3D Refiner
- Open source V-Slot linear framing system fully funded on Kickstarter
- Therminator 5: a durable alternative to existing RepRap 3D printer hot ends
- RepRapPro releases Mendel multi-material and multi-colour enhancement kit
- Time to save up your plastic junk for recyling: mini shredder and FilaMaker
- Powerlolu board: Powerful open source stepper-motor driver
- All-in-one open-source electronics board RUMBA for 3D printer
- Kickstarter ViKi LCD - control panel interface for your 3D printer
- BrainWave board: 3D printing bot board