Mar 24, 2017
Swedish startup Bondtech has today launched their newest product, a lightweight, cost and time-saving extruder for 3D printers. Leveraging the company’s Dual-Drive technology, the BMG extruder combines low weight with high feeding capacity, and ensures maximum performance without grinding and slipping.
According to CEO Martin Bondéus, the BMG extruder can feed materials of all kinds reliably, from slippery nylons and soft TPU/TPE filaments, to highly rigid and brittle carbon-filled high-strength materials. The extruder is designed for 1.75 mm 3D printer filaments, but the company states that it has been tested to ensure performance of filament from 1.5 mm up to 2.0 mm. The thumbscrew tensioner allows the user to fine-tune the pressure exerted by the drive gears onto the filament. This gives the user freedom to adjust according to their preferences and optimize for the type of material that will be used.
Bondtech has designed the BMG extruder with a quick-release feature. Users can simply activate its Quick-Release lever, which will release the tension and pull the desired material to be changed out of the extruder. Remaining activated, a new material can then be inserted. The new BMG extruder can be used in a Bowden or direct set-ups. In addition, it features an integrated hotend retention method compatible with the E3D-V6 hotends or others using the GrooveMount standard, which makes mounting the hotend a simple and "wobble free" process.
Check out the video below:
Posted in 3D Printer Accessories
Maybe you also like:
- Zesty Nimble: lightweight direct drive 3D printer extruder for under $85
- New 3devo desktop industrial extruders promise to slash 3d printing costs and environmental impact
- Fight moisture-related 3D printing issues with PrintDry filament dryer, now available on Kickstarter
- ColorPod 3D printer add-on can now 3D print full color edible candies
- Type A Machines promises multicolor 3D printing via Mosaic Palette multi-filament accessory
- New 3D printer tool offers Z-stage positioning, bed alignment & humidity monitoring from $56
- 3M Japan fights warping and 3D print removal problems with special polyester print bed sheet
- Eliminate warping, scraping, and taping with the LokBuild 3D printing surface for FDM printers
- SHRED-Buddy3D Recycler turns bottles, leftover filament bits & fishing line into pellets for 3D printing
- Ultimaker 2 GO releases backpack for any 3D printer enthusiast always on the move
- Want to laser engrave onto metal with a $200 3D printer adapter? Here's how.
- Want to engrave laser engrave onto meta with a $200 3D printer adapter? Here's how.