Artist Joaquin Baldwin (joabaldwin) re-created a set of Final Fantasy VII characters using 3D printing back in July, and now he is back again with a complete set of Final Fantasy VII low-poly figures.
"It took me weeks of hard work to rip them, re-assemble the parts, re-texture each color individually, pose them manually, fix thin areas, make them hollow to cut down costs, balance them, make test prints, and a ton of other stuff." says joabaldwin.
Look at the amazing works from joabaldwin (below), the figures are clean and don't look dated at all. They bring back so many memories - can you recognize some of them?
Now you can buy them on Shapeways with the price between $13 ~ $19. Also available is an awesome odin, the Guardian Force riding his horse Sleipnir, with his deadly Zantetsuken attack, from the FF8 videogame.
This is the in-game model, and comes in full color with the original textures.
"It's a big model, 5.5 inches high (a soda can is about 4.75 inches high), and it feels very solid and heavy in your hands. The horns are thin and brittle and might break, so please be careful. If you break them, a bit of superglue works great and you won't even be able to see where the crack was." writes joabaldwin.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Editable and 3D-printable organization kit designed for your project
- Genuine 3D puzzle Marusenko Sphere made with 3D printer
- Make a custom 3D printed cookie cutter in a minute
- 3D printed Chicago: See the city as you've never seen it before
- NASA hot-fire tests 3D-printed rocket injector
- 3D printed accordion book of textures and reliefs
- First Italian 3D printed superbike makes 3D debut in NY
- Artist creates 3D printed 'Venus of Google' using Google Images
- Artist to 3D print turn of the century Coney Island… with YOU in it
- Funny or Die: office 3D printer will drive employees crazy
- In a first, this apartment in East Boston may offered with 3D printer
- 3D printable 'Drone It Yourself' kit turns any object into an UAV
- Futurama this week: Bender got a 3D printed guitar
- 3D-REX: A 3D-Printed Tyrannosaurus Rex Sculpture on Kickstarter
- 3D-printed human organs helps doctors prepare for surgeries
- 16 years later, Final Fantasy VII figures are perfect for 3D printing