Instructables users newton.95.dan just uploaded his first instructable - how to make an iPhone 4s Case using SolidWorks for 3D printer. His SolidWorks 2011 case files are available online for free, as well as a youtube video showing how to model the case with right dimensions.
newton.95.dan is one of the users joining one of the cool contests from Instructables, the "make it real challenge". This time Instructable is giving away over $100,000 in 3D printing prizes. The challenge is to "post an Instructable that shows how to turn a virtual item into a tangible object." - for example, 3D printed objects, laser-cut files, and even printed decals using an inkjet printer.
The prize for winner is very luxury - an Objet30 Desktop 3D printer and six months' worth of 3D printing supplies (a $50,000 value). One of ten first prize winners gets a package including a $4,000 Up! 3D printer. Additionally,
entrants who shares the digital files in the 123D Gallery will have a chance to win the special 123D Judges Prize.
The deadline of the challenge is April 30. But the contest is only open to entries from US, Canada [excluding Quebec], UK and Australia.
Up to now there are all more than 35 entries on instructables.com, if you like any of them you can vote for your favorites by clicking the vote button online.
Posted in 3D Print Events
Maybe you also like:
- Help Crowdfund the biggest 3D print in North America
- Fred Laforge's 3D printed sculpture at Galerie SAS
- gt2P develops furniture construction systems using digital crafting and traditional techniques
- Stratasys adds soluble support material for Polycarbonate
- Dissolvable support material used for 3D printing gearbox and Hilbert Cube
- BFB Launched Upgrade kits for RapMan 3.0 or 3.1 3D printers
- Factory on the road - a Prius, two designers and four 3D printers
- Unboxing 3D printed Minecraft objects
- Tel Aviv Artist Eyal Gever recreated natural disasters with 3D Printing
- 27-year old Dutch designer Iris van Herpen conquers Paris
- Large scale 3D printer One-to-One on Kickstarter
- Flying helicopter with 3D printed helicopter blades
- Make a 3D printed record for the Fisher-Price record player
- Objet welcomed the Chinese new year with a 3D printed dragon
- The future of 3D printing - Cube and Replicator makers' joint interview by CNET TV
- Lisa Harouni: what makes 3D printing so cool