TransMagic, developer of 3D CAD software, announces the release of MagicCheck, a new product for comparison of 3D geometric data including: validation of translated models, analysis of quality inspection results and review of design changes. TransMagic MagicCheck quickly opens files in any major 3D CAD or point data format and compares the geometry against the authority CAD model. MagicCheck meets industry standards for geometric analysis and comprehensive report generation.
The solution is built on the TransMagic multi-CAD foundation which provides the ability to accurately read native 3D CAD formats, CATIA, Pro/ENGINEER, NX/UG, SolidWorks, Inventor and AutoCAD, while also supporting common non-native formats, Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, STEP, STL and JT. Point data sets can be imported from a variety of CAD formats plus Excel or CSV files.
Key Areas of Functionality in MagicCheck:
- Point-to-Part comparison analysis of CMM data to master model
- Part-to-Part validation of 3D models in any major CAD format
- Revision Control comparison of multiple part files to show changes
- Validation analysis reports document compliance with industry standards
"Since not everyone works in the same CAD design tools, sooner or later, you're going to need to generate and validate derivative data sets during the manufacturing process," states Larry Kuehn, inspection industry veteran with Adaptive Corp. MagicCheck is a powerful tool to help companies keep track of quality from design changes through to the finished parts."
The company says, the system can help companies keep track of quality from design changes through to the finished parts. It overcomes the challenge of validating geometric data from multiple sources and will confirm that two CAD models are identical or different.
MagicCheck compares quality inspection CMM data to the master model. Open multiple revisions of a part, simultaneously, in MagicCheck to show the changes at each stage. A thorough analysis of the geometric comparison is displayed graphically in a color map on the part. The color map shows all deviations, based on specified tolerances, while the point browser lists the actual numeric values.
More information can be found here.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- Handy Potter: create 3D objects with your hands and Kinect
- File2Part 3D Software fixes your 3D model with one click
- New system auto-detects & corrects structure problem of your model for 3D Printing
- New 3D modeling saves Chrysler engine and transmission production costs
- Software developed at Harvard turns video game characters into 3D printable models
- NASA's 3D app lets you experience robotic space travel
- Able Software announces new reseller in France
- 3D Model-to-Print converts 3D architectural designs into printable 3D models
- OmNomNom Creator converts 2D images to 3D for 3D printing
- Qumarion 3D modeling mannequin offers real-time 3D manipulation
- PotteryPrint designing app aims to introduce kids to 3D printing
- Create and print 3D models from Adroid interface
- Slic3r new version 0.7.0 is released
- Free 3DBuzz Blender tutorials for download
- Testing ReconstructMe - how to use Kinect to capture 3D models in real-time