Want to turn your design into a reality? The rise of 3D printing opens up many business opportunities. When 3D printing might not be available in all homes yet, Berlin-based FabGate launched its beta-version marketplace for 3D printing services.
On FabGate you can select multiple vendors depending on the desired material. you can send a request to several manufacturers and they will make you an offer for printing your 3D models. Then from all the offers the manufacturers give back, you can choose the best one.
Currently you can choose the following materials for manufacturing:
- Different sorts of robust, flexible or transparent plastic
- Nickel Silver
- Stainless Steel
Saied Tehrani, CEO of FabGate, told us the the story behind FabGate. "I am a (non-professional) 3D Designer by myself. One year ago I was trying to get my 3D models printed at those 3D printing services, which are already available online. But it has taken several weeks before they printed my models and delivered them. It was really a frustrating experience and we thought that this problem needs to be fixed. Actually we wanted to built a system like FabGate just for ourselves. But then we thought "Hey, lets do it for everyone! There are probably many people out there, who have the same problem". And so FabGate was born."
How to use FabGate:
After login you can upload your 3D model, view the model from different angles and get information about it.
On "Print Desk" the first step is to select your 3D model for production and the material of your choice:
Then you can select manufacturers to get your quotations for printing your 3D model, up to now five manufacturers from Germany are listed:
(Images credit: FabGate)
For more information please visit FabGate's website.
Posted in 3D Printing Services
Maybe you also like:
- Alphacam offers online 3D printing service
- Bring Second Life jewellery into real world with 3D printing
- French 3D printing start-up Sculpteo raises $2.5M funds
- Inside the world largest 3D printing factory (video)
- First 3D print shop opens in Netherlands
- Mcor Technologies launches 3D printing service "Staples Easy 3D"
- Figulo seeks funding to expand and develop ceramics 3D printing
- Brikstarter helps bring your ideas to Kickstarter
- Digital Reality launches new tool for real time quotes
- Shapeways opens largest 3D printing factory in the world