Nothing Labs (Rich Olson) put together an OpenSCAD Library - PuzzleCut which lets you easily cut objects into 2 or 4 interlocking pieces for 3d printing or laser cutting.
It is very useful for anyone who wants to create giant prints or puzzle pieces of their favorite models.
- Position puzzle cuts anywhere on X and/or Y axis.
- Adjustable cut size
- Adjust kerf for tighter or looser fit
- Easily render individual puzzle pieces for export to STL
Watch below the tutorial video by andrewupandabout on how to use PuzzleCut OpenSCAD library to print big objects divided in smaller parts.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems launches Cubify development tools: AppCreate and Cubify API
- Cubify Capture Beta turns your images into 3D models
- Leonar3Do Virtual Reality Kit brings 3D modeling into the mainstream
- Makerbot releases MakerWare 1.1 and Firmware 7.0
- Tutorial: Designing a ring for 3D printing with Blender
- GitHub releasing Make Me tools & an API for easy 3D printing
- Organovo partners with Autodesk to develop 3D bioprinting software