Solidscape, Inc., the provider of high precision 3D wax printers for the jewelry industry, announced the winners of the 2013 BASELWORLD Design Competition.
For several months leading up to Baselworld, Solidscape customer and partners from around the world began selecting designs that were submitted to Solidscape. The top 10 design entries were then printed as wax models for display at Baselworld.
"Stunning—we are amazed at the creative and complex geometries of these exquisite designs," stated Fabio Esposito, President and General Manager of Solidscape, Inc.
Capturing the Platinum Grand Award is a spectacular gold and diamond tiger head seamlessly molding into an organic ring designed by the OG-Art Studio team from Poland. The interior ring contour features whimsical tiger paw prints that also serve to reduce overall weight and volume.
Winning the Gold Award was Dinant Alain, D-F-S of Lyon, France with a spectacular interpretation of the Nimes Coliseum crafted in gold. Featuring incredibly intricate arches and historic details, this ring boldly captures the power and beauty of ancient architecture.
Several jewelry designers won Silver Awards for creative design and technical execution. They include:
- Erik Stewart from the USA won Silver for his flawless execution of a complex ring featuring a turquoise stone surrounded by diamonds mounted in silver.
- Jevar Craft of India won Silver for an exquisite silver, pearl and amber bracelet highlighted by silver beading details.
- Marcin Nowak of Poland won Silver for his modern, freeform mesh silver bangle bracelet design incorporating a USB data drive as an organic example of beautiful form and function.
"They are amazing designs and I hope everyone at Baselworld has a chance to experience them during the show," according to Mr. Esposito. "Most of these highly creative pieces could only be realized by using CAD design and 3D Wax Printing."
Posted in 3D Printing Event
Maybe you also like:
- Conrad store now sells 3D printer for less than 700 Euro
- 3D Systems revenue jumps 31 percent as it sold 81 percent more printers
- Super-sized giant is now 3D printed Nendoroid giant bust
- 3DLT partners with makexyz for 3D printing services
- Ascent: revealing the evolution of analog man to digital man using 3D printing
- Propul~Surf: 3D printed screw-propelled snowboard that pushes you around
- 3D printing used for creating space helmet for US Blockbuster Hit 'Prometheus'
- Pirate 3D Buccaneer 3D printer giveaway
- Blender 2.67 RC1 and DVD Training Blender for 3D Printing Released
- Printcraft latest version released, teaming up with Makerbot
- Infographic: Navigating the Future of Industry
- Designer Ron Arad discusses his 3D-printed sunglasses
- Kühling&Kühling 3D printer kit available for pre-order
- botObjects introducing full-color desktop 3D printer ProDesk3D
- Largest survey finds UK 3D design jobs taking off