The Pirate3D has been launched on crowdfunding platform Indiegogo?? -- no, no, you have to check it carefully, it is called Burclader 3D printer, and according to Pirate3D, "we're currently NOT fundraising on indiegogo."
Aside from a slightly different name, the project itself is identical to the Pirate3D's Kickstarter campaign, with same printer, specifications, video and content.
The sub-$400 Buccaneer 3D printer created by Pirate3D was successfully funded on Kickstarter on Jun.29, 2013. It reached more than 14 times of its original goal and raised over $1,400,000.
The Burclader 3D printer is launched by a Nick Colleranos from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, who is titled "CFO/Design". And he claimed:
"We have two offices, our admin and marketing side is located in Palo Alto (which will also be the branch that will handle all US orders), one in Toronto, Canada and our main Engineering division is located in Singapore."
The Singaporean startup Pirate3D announced a notice after they discovered the Burclader:
According to Indiegogo, it has a comprehensive fraud-prevention system to protect its users.
All campaigns and contributions go through a fraud review, which allows us to catch any and all cases of fraud. If we find fraudulent contributions on your campaign, we may remove them from your campaign Funds and Fulfillment pages. We may also ask you for more information, if we determine your campaign to be a high fraud risk. Finally, all campaigns that raise money go through a final examination before any funds are disbursed.
Pirated3D said it has sent an report to Indiegogo and Indiegogo Trust & Safety team is looking at the case.
As of writing, the Burclader 3D printer is still live on Indiegogo and it has got 3 backers with totally $991 funds.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- I AM 3D: a prototype metal ink 3D printer on Indiegogo
- Founders show pic of ProDesk3D 3D printer and first video
- DIY high resolution 3D DLP printer
- Status and Sapiens 3D printer made in Spain
- Opencube to launch desktop 3D printer Japanese model
- LEGObot 3D printer made almost completely out of Legos
- 'RepRap Morgan' by Quentin Harley wins $20,000 Gada prize
- Maplin UK to sell its first 3D printer for £700
- RepRap Morgan SCARA Arm 3D printer kit available for pre-order
- Pirate3D printer raises $1.4m on Kickstarter, exceeding goal by 14X
- EZ 3D Printer introducing new DLP based DIY kit
- New Type A Machines Series 1 3D Printer
- Optomec launches new 3D printer for metal additive manufacturing
shaun lamont wrote at 10/15/2015 11:01:25 PM:
A report on a Scam....yes Pirate3d is also a scam....yet another Singapore company. What is it with Singapore and scams..... Pirate..the name says it all
Joe Larson wrote at 7/29/2013 5:11:07 PM:
I've said it before, 3D printing is the new hotness and as such attracts the scammers. Just be aware.
CornGolem wrote at 7/28/2013 8:08:03 PM:
Damn you 3ders.org, now how am I gonna earn this million $.