3D Systems announced today that it has acquired TeamPlatform.
TeamPlatform's cloud-based, collaborative design and project management platform allows product design, engineering services and manufacturing companies to share data and collaborate on 3D printing projects.
3D Systems says it plans to immediately integrate the TeamPlatform technology into both its professional and consumer offerings, including Geomagic Solutions and Cubify.com.
Before this acquisition, Autodesk competed with TeamPlatform via its comprehensive Autodesk 360 cloud CAD software suite. TeamPlatform and Autodesk 360 cloud CAD software suite both use cloud service as a collaboration tool, but differ greatly in their additional capabilities.
Autodesk 360 focuses on features and cloud services that can help you improve the way you design, visualize and share your work with others; but TeamPlatform's goal is to help people and companies work together much more easily and quickly. It focuses on connecting businesses, sharing and collaborating designs with the added of workflow tools.
Posted in 3D Printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems expands its China presence
- Stoxx introduces second 3D printing index
- Yamada Denki, Japan's largest home appliance chain to sell 3D printers
- Motorola's MAKEwithMOTO on the road, filled with 3D printers
- 3D Systems completes acquisition of Phenix
- The Bre Pettis Way: Makerbot CEO is starring in a Mazda ad campaign
- Deloitte and 3D Systems to launch education and design centers
- Planetary Resources & 3D Systems partner to develop spacecraft components
- Stratasys plans acquisitions to expand into 3D metal printing
- Stratasys, Makerbot CEOs explain the $604 Milion deal
- 3D printer passes Zero-Gravity test on road to Space Station
- Stratasys acquiring 3D printing company MakerBot for $403 million in stock
- Asia's first 3D printed fashion show