Stamford, Connecticut based Zeepro Inc. introduces Zim, a personal 3D printer featuring a dual color printing head, Ethernet & WiFi connectivity, an onboard microcamera, smartphone and tablet control, and an exclusive refillable cartridge system.
According to Zeepro, the Zim project's unique features include:
Sleek design - features a monobloc aluminum C frame
Dual printing head for multiple color printing
Plug & play and user friendly
Zim can be controlled remotely via smartphone, tablet, or PC using the printer's built-in Ethernet and WiFi. Zim is also equipped with a micro-camera, so users can check in on their 3D printing projects even when they are on the go.
Refillable filament cartridge
Zim's cartridge system protect PVA from moisture and are convenient to store. It offers a refillable cartridge for those who want to use their own filament.
- Build envelope: 5.9"x5.9"x5.9" (150x150x150mm)
- Resolution: 80 microns per layer
- Speed: 110 mm/s in ABS or PLA
Below is a list of Zeepro Zim 3D printer features and technical comparison with other desktop 3D printers provided by Zeepro team.
The Zim project will go live on Kickstarter September 13th, 2013 and the campaign pledges range from 599 USD to 899 USD.
Zeepro was founded by an experienced team of engineers, designers and entrepreneurs and it has now 12 full time employees with operations in both the US and Europe. The company has already raised 1 million USD in its first round of funding.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Another personal fabricator: ZMorph 3D printer & milling machine
- Open source foldable and portable Tobeca 3D printer
- "Made In Korea" Desktop 3D printer 3DISON Plus
- NASA: 3D printed rocket engine component generated a record thrust
- On Kickstarter: The gMax 3D Printer with an extremely large build volume
- SwissPen 3D printing pen is launched to compete with 3Doodler
- FABtotum All-in-One Personal Fabricator on Indiegogo. Scan, 3D Print, Cut/Mill.
- An All-In-One 3D printer for scanning, printing, copying, faxing
- Solidscape announces the MAX 3D wax Printer
- China's 3D bio printer 'Re-human' to create scaffolds for cardiac repair
- Japan starts to develop next-generation 3D metal printer
- Printrbot announces assembled Printrbot Jr. V2 and an anniversary Sale
- 3D printer upgrade: Microfactory, a Machine Shop In a Box
- Isis3D creates low-cost, high-quality desktop 3D Printer for everyone
Julia wrote at 9/15/2013 6:05:35 PM:
Beautiful design, the right features and specs, and a seasoned team of pros that really looks like it can pull this off. Most professional and detailed Kickstarter presentation ever. Working prototypes that look 90% ready to go, and sample prints that look great. I'm in.
Paul from Zeepro wrote at 9/12/2013 9:14:11 PM:
Hello Ben, You will have an example of our "hi res print" tomorow on our Kickstarter page. And a description of pva as well.
Ben wrote at 9/11/2013 7:50:56 PM:
Hopefully they didn't jump the gun here with the PR. It's going to get buried before the kickstarter begins. Beginning to really hate no one showing hi res print examples.... It's a printer. It prints PVA cool!.... What is PVA exactly?