ZMorph is a unique 3D printer based on RepRap Prusa Mendel machine. It has a large working area, 235x230x165mm. The key feature is ZMorph extruder which is designed to be very easy to attach/detach. Together with dedicated carriage design, it creates a clip-on solution, secured with one screw only.
ZMorph is also a desktop manufacturing machine. Through use of exchangeable toolheads, including plastics extruder for 3D printing, CNC mill, chocolate extruder, you will be able to 3D print in ABS, PLA, Nylon, polycarbonate, ceramics and also chocolate. The company is also planning to release double material extruder for support or multicolour printing (available end of 2013).
In addition the ZMorph is equipped with chamber that keeps the internal temperature high to prevent plastic from warping.
- Construction: aluminium 6mm
- Working area of 235x235x165mm
- Nozzle: interchangeable hot-ends : 0.38mm, 0.5mm
- Max travel speed 500mm/s, print speed 60-100mm/s (varying depending on layer height and nozzle size)
- Min. layer height: 0.1 (ABS), 0.05 or less (PLA)
- Heated bed: glass 5mm, kapton heater 200W, standard temp 120 degrees.
- External dimensions: 530x555x480 mm
Back in May, ZMorph 3D printers were used for printing spatial and audio-visual installation opened in Warsaw, in headquarters of Platige Image Studio. Totally 800 parts were printed in 3 months time. The project was a good demonstration of high-speed, low-budget 3d printing potential.
In the future the team will also develop dedicated ZMorph software with its own unique slicing engine featuring drag&drop printing, remote printer monitoring, host-less printing and more.
The ZMorph 3D printer is priced at 1250€ (VAT excl.).
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- I AM 3D: a prototype metal ink 3D printer on Indiegogo
- Founders show pic of ProDesk3D 3D printer and first video
- DIY high resolution 3D DLP printer
- Status and Sapiens 3D printer made in Spain
- Opencube to launch desktop 3D printer Japanese model
- LEGObot 3D printer made almost completely out of Legos
- 'RepRap Morgan' by Quentin Harley wins $20,000 Gada prize
- Maplin UK to sell its first 3D printer for £700
- RepRap Morgan SCARA Arm 3D printer kit available for pre-order
- Pirate3D printer raises $1.4m on Kickstarter, exceeding goal by 14X
- EZ 3D Printer introducing new DLP based DIY kit
- New Type A Machines Series 1 3D Printer
- Optomec launches new 3D printer for metal additive manufacturing
- Introducing experimental Delta printer Simpson
- Design plans of Kikai 3D printer available for free download
James wrote at 9/10/2013 11:30:07 PM:
Unique? Are these jokes? I dont see any unique solution, I see only normal Mendel Max 1.5 with plexi panels for $2k LOL, VERY SAD!
JD90 wrote at 9/9/2013 7:39:09 PM:
Yet another Mendel-based design. No thanks.