3D printing materials startup MadeSolid announced the launch of their crowd funding campaign aimed at developing and launching a new line of resins designed specifically for consumer SLA printers.
Founded in 2013, MadeSolid Inc. is a startup specializing in 3D printing materials based in Oakland, California. For the past three months, chemists and engineers at MadeSolid have been working on developing resins compatible with FormLabs' Form1 printer, in addition to designing formulations for other printers, such as the B9 Creator and the Muve3D.
Recently, the company sent samples of the newly created resin to Form 1 users around the country. Here are some of their results:
(3DKitBash Test Prints by Juan Posada at HodgePodgeLabs - @jposada)
(Turbine Engine printed by Dylan Jackson at Expensive Habit Engineering - @TheRubberSideDo)
(Falcon design by Colin Freeman on our own printer)
The Company hopes that a successful crowdfunding campaign will make those materials available to the rest of the FormLabs community, as well as to users of other SLA printers.
White Taj Mahal, Ring, Flower, and Gear off the Form1 Printer
On indiegogo the early bird offer, $250 for 6 liters of MS Resin is gone. The MS Resin is now priced at $285 for 3 liters.
Speaking about the company's experience with SLA printing, Lance Pickens, MadeSolid's CEO, said, "We were frustrated with the limited range of materials available for our SLA printers, and decided that we could apply our expertise to do something about it. Right now the options for SLA-compatible resins are limited to just a few sources and only a handful of materials and colors from each. With the launch of our line of resins for printers like the Form1, we hope to expand what people are capable of doing with these incredible machines."
Thanks to Pete for the tip!
Posted in 3D Printing Materials
Maybe you also like:
- Talpadk's review of NinjaFlex, flexible filament for 3D printers
- NinjaFlex: flexible TPE filament for 3D printers
- A new, user-driven 3D printing materials site
- Shapeways introducing 3D printing materials Polished Brass and Raw Brass
- Skin-Frame structure could save up to 70% of 3D printing material
- STRUdittle: a precise and low-cost filament extruder on Kickstarter
- OPM & 3D printed skull implant featured on HardWired with YouTube star iJustine
- Verlan 3D printed dress built with Replicator 2 and new MakerBot Flexible Filament
- Inventor raising funds for developing high-resolution resins for 3D printers
- taulman3D releases "t-glase" A low temp industrial 3D printing material
- 3D Systems introduces strong and durable VisiJet M3 Black material
- The fastest filament extrusion Bot on Kickstarter
CornGolem wrote at 10/16/2013 9:12:22 PM: