To kick off this month of love, Autodesk is introducing Charmr, a new customizer and a latest addition to 123D. Charmr on 123Dapp.com lets you turn a photo into a one-of-a-kind customized, 3D-printable piece of jewelry for the one you love.
Here is a quick how-to guide to get started:
1. Choose a shape and press 'Choose picture'
2. Select a photo from your computer and use your mouse to scale and position your photo
3. Select 'Done' - the image will flip around to show you what it will look like after printing.
4. Press '3D Print' button. You can either select "Download .stl" to get your ready-to-print 3D model or select a company (i.materialise, Sculpteo, Shapeways) to print the model for you.
Valentine's Day is only one day away, and if you want to add a little extra to the conventional manner comprising roses, chocolates, wine and dinner, head straight to Charmr to make a unique 3D printed gift to show off your creativity.
You can also win a 3D printed copy of your own Charmr designs by entering the #pixlrlove contest by Pixlr for your shot.
Posted in 3D Design
Maybe you also like:
- 3D model sharing service Sketchfab raises $2 Million
- Easily make complex 3D printable objects with Autodesk Project Shapeshifter and Miller
- 3Dagogo, new 3D-printing marketplace features proven-to-print 3D designs
- Etsy: 3D printed items are 'Handmade In Spirit'
- CGTrader lets you 3D print models straight after buying them
- Draw, color, capture & 3D print your own custom inkimals designer toys
- MakerBot Thingiverse launches first IOS App
- Makerbot announces new Verified Prints feature on Thingiverse
- Lagoa acquires 3DTin for better browser-based 3D applications
- 3D model your own iPhone 5C case with Matter.io's iPhone Remix
- Meet the winners of IDSA 3d printed Race car challenge